cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Muppetry

DixieD

Muppetry

Our phone and broadband service mysteriously disconnected yesterday afternoon.......calls with customer service suggested the line was ok yet the master socket was receiving zero signal. Intrigued I managed despite the omnipresent lack of mobile signal, to call my home phone line.....only to discover that the line was connecting to another household two miles away as of that afternoon.
It is appalling that a service we have had for some 9 months (and fully paid for) can be taken away so easily. And another customer is now presumably inconvenienced by having waited for a line only to potentially have it taken away too.
It has taken 3 calls (and over an hour in time) to plusnet to establish the problem. Apparently an engineer cannot address this for over a week. Despite my own research establishing that the line is routing elsewhere, i have to take half a day off work to also allow an engineer access to our property. How it can take over a week to even look at an issue that was created in a flick of a switch is beyond me. And there is no guarantee of resolution at that visit.
I look forward to suitable recompense........not!
Surely it is high time that this BT monopoly is sorted out.
8 REPLIES 8
colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Muppetry

Looks like another version of mikeb's saga in B & R 30/12/12 #1 to 09/01/13 #93 BT Incompetence etc.,
Roll_eyes  Crazy  Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'm sorry this happened, it looks like it was down to an order from a different supplier going wrong somewhere along the line. I hope the engineer on the 18th does sort it for you and am sorry for the wait time there, and of course we'll be happy to credit you for the down time as soon as the fault is confirmed resolved.
suebuckby
Grafter

This has always happend to us and our ticket has been on-going since we were stupid enough to come to Plus net, still waiting for someone to have the know how to come back to us
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi suebuckby,
I'm afraid I can't see any ongoing fault tickets on your account, nor anything regarding your line being moved away by a different supplier without your knowledge? If there's anything you'd like us to look into for you please let us know.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

This is just plain crazy (and, indeed, unacceptable).
How does this happen?  There must be safeguards in place to prevent this kind of stupid error.
Are line rentals still paid in advance?
If BT (Openreach / Wholeslale / whatever) disconnect a (paid-for) line without an engineer visiting the customer then they can surely reconnect without requiring an engineer visit (which just further inconveniences the customer).
If BT disconnect a paid-for line that they had no business disconnecting then they should be under obligation to reconnect as a matter of great urgency (not in a week or so when they have an engineer available, make one available!).
If the customer incurs expenses as a result of BT's error then BT should be required to reimburse all reasonable consequential expenses (not just the already paid use that has been denied to the customer).
I sincerely hope this gets rectified sooner rather than later because I would certainly never want to be in the OP's position as a result of somebody's incompetence.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As I understood what I had read in another thread, suebuckby's problem was resolved by a phone call from James Bailey.
Nor do I think she appreciates that whoever the ISP or Phone provider, the connection work has to be done by BT OpenReach. Plusnet have no choice in the matter.
But nevertheless I do think it's deplorable that DixieD has to wait until the 18th for OpenRetch/BTw's error to be rectified.
The Plusnet Account Manager should be kicking BTw and OR to death. They'd be there in 24hrs if this was a fault and the customer had been paying the premium for 24hrs service, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be there in 24hrs for their cock-up.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Anotherone
....I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be there in 24hrs for their cock-up.

Amen.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DixieD,
I can see you've just called up to cancel the appointment, glad to hear the line is working and thanks for letting us know. If there's anything we can do to help further please advise.