cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple failed attempts to switch to Plus Net (Phone and Fibre)

MrAnderson

Multiple failed attempts to switch to Plus Net (Phone and Fibre)

Hello.
I have been trying to switch from Sky Talk and Broadband to Plus Net call service and Fibre BB.... for one month.
My order has been cancelled four, yes four, times already. Reasons for this given by Plus net have been: "a problem" with their suppliers, an issue with address records, and today I discovered that the order was cancelled because I don't have an active phone line. So I proceed to call them from my phone line (which IS active) to find out what is happening.
The advisor agreed that the situation was "odd" but was still none the wiser as to what is actually going wrong, repeatedly. He suggested that the issue was that my landline was provided by Sky... for reasons. Said reasons went over my head because they didn't make sense. Plus net knew my provider was Sky. They knew I had a sky number because my number is a sky number. They told me at sign up that my number will change.
The most recent ticket raised by the advisor, in response to my call, says:
"The phone order is being cancelled on WLR3 every time an order is placed. Please investigate this and advise the customer further.
There is a working line at the property at the moment, however this is not on the BT network."
So, how come the reasons keep changing?
Has anyone had the same or a similar experience while trying to switch? Is there anything I should do or let plus net or sky know? Should I call BT?  Should I cancel the switch to Plus net and try elsewhere?
Any advice appreciated.
29 REPLIES 29
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Multiple failed attempts to switch to Plus Net (Phone and Fibre)

MrAnderson,
Welcome to the forums and PlusNet.  Sorry to hear of your trails and tribulations in attempting to move from Sky to PlusNet.  You really need the help from the PlusNet staff on here (CRT) but they might not see the post on the "Other queries" forum, so I have asked that this be moved to "Feedback".
Regrettably there are numerous issues why PlusNet might not be able to place the order ranging from some restriction Sky has placed on the line through to their being issues in BT's infrastructure database.
Note under Ofcom rules, there is no reason why you should not be able to retain your existing number if you wish to.  Under Ofcom rules, communication providers are obliged to allow numbers to be migrated to new suppliers.
Hope your order issues are soon resolved.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

It might be that Sky have provisioned the line with an incorrect spelling/address detail.
If you put in your postcode here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address can you see multiple versions of your property address?
launton
Grafter

That link above is a 404  Huh
AndyH
Grafter

MrAnderson

Thanks, Andy.

Checked my postcode and house number and was presented with two addresses.

One was: House Number, Street Name, Street Name (again), Correct Postcode. (Address incorrect due to street name duplication).
The other was my correct address.

Forgive my ignorance on such issues, from what I gathered from the info presented it appeared that the correct address shows ADSL, the incorrect address was showing fibre? (Guess based on speeds). Both however showing as being available.
jim:quote
boacon
Grafter

My advice is get out while you can, worse thing I did was moving over to PN and can't wait to move on.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Boacon,
Looking at your few posts on the forum, they are all about you not getting your cash back in the timeframe you believe ought to have got it.  You have not otherwise reported any issues with the services provided to you by PlusNet.  Your issue with the cash back has been responded to in numerous threads and is being dealt with elsewhere.
Your experience has no bearing on MrAnderson's problems with BT Openreach's database issues in regard to his address, therefore your comments are irrelevant here and not helpful.  One understands that you are angry over your own issue, but postings such as the above in other people's threads do not help them nor yourself.
Chill, have a cup of coffee.
For your information, MrAnderson would be faced with exactly the same problem irrespective of which ISP he opted to move to.  The problems here are in BT Openreach's database.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It seems boacon, your only justification for trying to put people off is your problem with your cashback offer having not gone through yet? With regard to this thread your post could be regarded as trolling. Tens of thousands of customer do not have any problems with their service, although obviously faults do arise from time to time.
This case is a provisioning problem due to an address issue with the BT Openreach system which it doesn't  seem to like.  Now that's been highlighted I'm sure it will be resolved asap.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi MrAnderson,
It looks like the best course of action would be for us to install a new line, as the transfer orders keep rejecting. This won't cause any further disruption, as we can send a multi-skilled engineer to install the phone and fibre service at the same time Smiley Let me know if you're happy to do this, and I'll sort the order out for you and update you via the ticketing system.
AndyH
Grafter

This issue does crop up and and again.
Although it's an address problem with Openreach's database, it's caused by a previous supplier provisioning a service using an incorrect address. This incorrect address gets added to Openreach's system and doesn't cause any issues until a new order/home owner places an order on what should be the correct address.
In theory, if Plusnet were to try the incorrect address (with the two street names), the order might not get rejected. But I would follow Cat's advice here and go for the simultaneous new provide (not sure what happens to the old number though?).
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

...nor what happens next time an order needs to be placed at that address.  How difficult is it to get BTOR / BTw to sort out their assets register?
No doubt BT OR will want to charge full whack for installing a BRAND NEW CIRCUIT as opposed to taking over an existing working line?
Anotherone for Andy B's "you must do better BTOR list"?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I must say I can't understand why Plusnet can't use the "incorrect" address version, get the installation done and sort out the address afterwards  Roll_eyes
AndyH
Grafter

It's pretty hard to sort out a database with tens of millions of addresses.
A lot of the mistakes exist because of the way ISPs entered the addresses when placing orders. The problem is you'll have services provisioned on incorrect addresses and you cannot just delete them.
I think now that Openreach use the PAF database to update daily (need to double check this), then there should be fewer issues. But ISPs can still create new addresses manually and there is still a risk that a mistake could be made. One thing you'll probably notice if you use the address checker is quite often there will be a house name entry and also the number equivalent (if it didn't have the house name). At some point a service would have been provided to either the number/name and now the opposite (both entries will still be in the system though).
@ AO - I think Cat was just looking for the quickest/simplest way to help the OP get up and running. It might be that Plusnet's own back end ordering systems might not allow them to submit an order with that address. I don't think they can resolve the double address issue with OR until they own the line.
catelliott
Grafter

You're right there, @AndyH, our biggest concern is getting OP a phone and broadband connection as soon as possible (after all, that's what you guys pay us for!), any address issues can be sorted once that has been done Smiley