cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to PlusNET : Experience

suniil

Moving to PlusNET : Experience

I just thought to log my experience here as I'm moving from BT Infinity 2 to Plusnet fibre unlimited.
Signed up yesterday online with MAC and had an installation date of 24 July 2013, but decided to leave the option to the "earliest possible" date. 
After a day there is no sign of movement, rang up and got through (so happy, finally a company with UK call centre!) and got informed that at least it will take 1 week from now to get the installation date!! The system has not picked my order yet.
will post the updates in this thread, when the order progress to next stage.
Thanks
Sunil
11 REPLIES 11
suniil

Re: Moving to PlusNET : Experience

Got a text message saying my installation is schedule for next Friday.
At the moment my speedtest with BT as below (there are other 5 wireless devices connected to the network sharing internet, so download speed should be slightly higher)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

and got informed that at least it will take 1 week from now to get the installation date!!

Hi there,
sorry for the incorrect information you were obviously given there, glad to see you now have an installation date anyway.
Please let us know if you have any other concerns and we'll do our best to help you out.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
suniil

Thank you Adam.
Now I've an update that the go live date has changed to 2nd August 2013 (originally 27 July). Not so great first impression!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi suniil,
As it's a migration an engineer visit won't be required (even though it's showing as having been booked). The install *should* still complete on the 26th, though the reason you've received the email stating it'll be the second is because the CRD (contractual required date) is set to the 1st.
Either way though as it's a migration you shouldn't lose any service apart from for a short while when the move actually takes place though.
Hope that helps.
suniil

Thank you Matt. I hope everything goes well smoothly.
My BT INF2 contract was at a heavily discounted rate (£17.25) and now being out of contract I've to pay full charges. Any delays costs me more,  but I do understand, migrations can go wrong or delayed for countless reasons.
But once again, thank you for the reassurance.
suniil

BT INF2 is down. Attempted to connect Plus.NET router, but came back with auth failure. I'm pretty sure that I've keyed in all the correct login details.
---------------
Jan 1 00:04:44 PPP CHAP authentication failed (Internet)
Jan 1 00:04:44 PPP CHAP Receive challenge from rhost PTW-AG04 (Internet)
Jan 1 00:04:40 PPP CHAP Receive challenge from rhost bras-red6.l-far (Internet)
Jan 1 00:04:34 PPP CHAP Receive challenge from rhost bras-red6.l-far (Internet)
--------------
Edit: Got an update via phone that the migration is happening and will be liver very soon! Thank you Matt / Adam.
suniil

Now I have no Internet for more than 24 hours!! This is frustrating and very stressful as I work from home.
Its still auth failure, could someone look into this please?
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

I will have a check for you when I'm in the office in the next hour or so.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Suniil,
I've just checked and the order has all completed, it just hadn't registered on our systems.
I've manually activated everything for you and it should be working now.
suniil

Thank you Scott. I never expected a reply on a Saturday morning, but you took it to the next level which was beyond expectation.
Customer service is truly exceptional with plusNET
Thanks for the help.
Just ran a speed test and generally on par with BT.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Hi sunill and welcome to the forums.
Attempted to connect Plus.NET router,
Some people find the PlusNet router a little poor on the wifi front.
Do you realise you can use most BT Home Hubs ( if BT haven't asked for it back! ) on the PlusNet network. Just factory reset it ( to disable BT FON ) and then enter your plusnet username/password ( see here http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/using-a-bt-homehub-3-or-2-on-plusnet-adsl-or-fttc/ )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.