Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Sky LLU to Plusnet

REMOVED_ACCOUNT
Dabbler

Moving from Sky LLU to Plusnet

Hi,
It's been a week now since I placed an order, and you can't tell me yet whether my Sky fully LLU line even exists for you to do a phone & fibre takeover as it does not appear on the BT(Openreach?) database. I know this is not likely to be Plusnet's fault - I am told that a request has been put in to have my line added.
At this point I haven't spoken to Sky, other than for them to have confirmed prior to my contacting PlusNet that I could leave my contract with no penalty. I have no MAC address an I am told I don't need one.
a) Can I ask how long database update requests like this usually take?
b) Is there anything I should/could be doing with Sky to expedite this process?
c) There are three engineer installation dates on one of my tickets:
1) 2013/01/09 AM
2) 2013/01/10 AM
3) 2013/01/11 AM
I presume these are all now wrong or unconfirmed  - and I won't get any missed visit problems?
(I already have an OpenReach fibre modem on my wall)
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving from Sky LLU to Plusnet

Hi isparham,
To address your questions:
a) That's a bit of a how long is a piece of string type question I'm afraid. We're quoted 24 hours but unfortunately that's not always the case.
b) Not as far as I'm aware, no.
c) Those aren't correct at the moment as we can't place an order. As soon as we can we'll need to book an appointment but they'll be a different set of dates for availability.
Hope that helps.
REMOVED_ACCOUNT
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Matt.
I have been told that "when wholesale checks fail" that Plusnet will then need to check via the "openreach interfaces"
Is that the case?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's already happened and the same issue occurred, which is why we had to request a database update from Openreach (that's what we're now waiting for). As soon as your line has been added to the database we'll be able to get your order placed for you.
REMOVED_ACCOUNT
Dabbler

Very impressed with the service from PlusNet so far.
Shows up Sky for what they are.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much indeed Smiley
Looks like the order was placed yesterday and is now progressing, hope it all goes well - give us a shout if we can help any further.