cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving between BBYW products

The_10th
Grafter

Re: Moving between BBYW products

Didn't think the problem was a technical one to be honest.
Why were no SMS messages sent though?
Case of PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) so must be a customer services problem. Is customer services in South Africa if tel. no. is "International" shown by caller ID?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi the 10th,
Just a maybe...
Even if the sms opt in check box is ticked, there is still an option that just says sms that can be unchecked if the agent feels that it is not necessary to send a text in that instance.
Jojo Smiley
The_10th
Grafter

Clutching there JoJo I reckon.  Wink
Never received ANY response for tickets on 15 and 16 Sept. An SMS should have been sent as a response was required by me.
Thought the whole idea was to be notified of a response to a ticket. This isn't an isolated incident but has happened before so if it can't be relied upon (incl. an agent deciding they don't want to) what is the point in having it at all?  Roll_eyes
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI the 10th,
As we have not had any reported issues of this happening and if it's not technical then it has to be what I said, because if you're opted in it checks the box by default.
Jojo Smiley
The_10th
Grafter

Still doesn't address 'why' though. And unless there is good reason it shouldn't happen should it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The 10th,
Seeing as we have tested this today and saw no issues at all, although we have no direct proof we can put this down to human error by elimination.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
The_10th
Grafter

From what Jojo says though - this would mean someone deliberately unticking the SMS option.
Got thinking that maybe this is cost-cutting by not paying text charges maybe?
If there is a chance that an SMS might not be sent then would it not, for clarity, be reasonable to provide a caveat that not all responses get an SMS but the first one should always get a response (and hard code this so the operator can't bypass it) listed beside the SMS option when raising a ticket?
Want to know if the call-centre in question is based in S. Africa (as caller ID said International)?
Thanks