cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving between BBYW products

The_10th
Grafter

Moving between BBYW products

Just recently decided that BBYW option 2 with its 15GB limitation wasn't cutting the mustard so decided to upgrade to BBYW option 3. Checked the Help Assistant and got to a point where I had to raise a ticket as automated change of these products wasn't possible. The page stated that "only existing BBYW customers can change between these products..." (paraphrasing) so on I went and raised a ticket.
I received a phone call this morning (international number!) from Customer Services saying that I could only move to new products (Value, Extra etc) and the system wouldn't allow the change to BBYW3. I knew (and the Plusnet Portal Help Assistant knew too) that I could change and informed the customer services what I was allowed to do.  Wink
Got a call later saying the system wouldn't then would allow it but also another CSC agent said on my ticket  that I have to choose a new product. The original CSC agent said she could change it when she tried again and hopefully all will be well on my next billing date.
I am a bit dismayed that I was told that I couldn't move products and only the fact that I knew I could and stood my ground meant an irrevocable change to the 'new' products was averted - although to be honest I would never had agreed to an inferior product in this case. I wonder how many other people are informed incorrectly on changing between legacy products and why support is now not as good as it used to be a couple of years ago?
21 REPLIES 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving between BBYW products

Hi again The 10th,
I'm sorry it sounds like you've been given the run-around a bit here. Whether we can allow existing BBYW customers to switch between options seems to be debatable at this end.
After some discussion we've clarified that the official line is that we can allow customers on request to change the usage allowance but not change between BBYW options.
I'd like to check your account to see exactly what has been scheduled for your next invoice date, as things stand I may need to cancel any scheduled changes and just alter the usage allowance for you. Can you please remind me of your username? I know I've seen it before but I've not been able to track it down.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Existing BBYW customers *can* move between BBYW products, I'll let Adam know so he can arrange this for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Adam, somewhere in the Great Product Refresh Thread of 2009 we were assured that BBYW customers could swap between options. This was later confirmed by Answer 16 here -
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bbyw/info.shtml#16
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers 4C and cheers Chris, I had seen that before but was unsure as a lot has changed re changing account types in the last year. Sounds Iike I asked the wrong person when I was unsure about this Sad anyway The 10th if you can send me your username I shall make sure your change is done correctly Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
The_10th
Grafter

Thanks everyone.
I have sent you my username Adam so here's hoping.
As a side, any mutterings of a refresh for next year?
Quote from: 4C
Adam, somewhere in the Great Product Refresh Thread of 2009 we were assured that BBYW customers could swap between options. This was later confirmed by Answer 16 here -
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bbyw/info.shtml#16

Thanks, and if you follow that link you are informed to raise a ticket as this can't be automated it would seem.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As a side, any mutterings of a refresh for next year?

Nothing yet, we'll tell you when there is Smiley
Thanks, and if you follow that link you are informed to raise a ticket as this can't be automated it would seem.

That is actually right, it's a change that's dependent on a manual process so we need to action those from this end. With regards to your change to option 3 I'm glad to say that this has been picked up and actioned correctly so it's due to complete on the 2nd.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
WebDude
Grafter

Thanks for the link 'For Sea' - wondered what the site www.mybroadbandusage.co.uk used to show (as it currently just goes to the PlusNet front page.  Only curious (oh, and good to see this BBYW situation sorted).
Looks like I missed trying BBYW though from memory, I think I had such poor USENET speeds on whichever account I was using (even from 0200 to 0500 when it still timed out) that I left PlusNet altogether, as some other ISP gave me 10 to 15 GB a month (must be over 4 years ago, so sorry, not guaranteed correct), but without (such strong) traffic management.
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: WebDude
... Only curious (oh, and good to see this BBYW situation sorted).
Looks like I missed trying BBYW though from memory, I think I had such poor USENET speeds on whichever account I was using (even from 0200 to 0500 when it still timed out) that I left PlusNet altogether, as some other ISP gave me 10 to 15 GB a month (must be over 4 years ago, so sorry, not guaranteed correct), but without (such strong) traffic management.

Are you still with PN Webdude and if not who now?
Just curious as I received the following response from Plusnet about my move from BBYW2 to BBYW3 as this still is ongoing:
Unfortunately we are not able to change your account to BBYW option 3 as this is not a package that we offer anymore. As the previous agent mentioned if you are wanting to change the best option would be the extra package as this has double to amount of usage and is £2 cheaper a month than BBYW option 3.
If you wish to change your package to the extra please reply to this ticket, contact us on 0845 1400 200 or yo can upgrade yourself through the members centre on the website...

I have omitted the agent's name as don't think this is just one person's error but is a totally uninformed dept.
I am very disatisfied with the lack of professionalism that I have experienced. I was phoned again saying the above basically and tried talking me into taking Extra or another 'new' product. I explained the throttling issue which they asked what I was talking about? You would think that customer services would know that their products are throttled wouldn't you? I informed the agent that 60GB is ok but if you only get ISDN Basic rate then it would take ages to download anyhow.
I was told that the move was still to go ahead then so why the damn phonecall(s)? All was agreed so this was completely unnecessary and if needs be just inform me via email of my choices which was unrequired as the previous phone call had sorted this, or so I thought!  Roll_eyes
Really poor show plusnet and from this experience you should hang your heads I am sorry to say. I thought the move all was going ok but obviously the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and wonder if BT are leaving their mark as this customer service is shocking.
Also have to add that BBYW 'extras' such as hosting, VOIP etc have been overlooked as this cannot be done via the portal.  Roll_eyes
One unhappy customer of well over 10 years.  Sad
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@The 10th
I'm sorry to read about your experience, I've alerted the entire Support Centre to remind them that Broadband Your Way customers can change between products once per month at will. I'll make sure that this change is actioned for you but Adam's off ill today so I can't get your username from him. Could you pm it to me please?
I'll also send feedback directly to the analyst's manager, but I need your username first so that I can find them.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the email, you're scheduled to change to Broadband Your Way Option 3 on your next billing date. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.
The_10th
Grafter

Thanks for checking Ben.
Will let you know if there is anything.
Thankyou
The_10th
Grafter

There was one other thing regarding customer support, namely that 'Tickets' that I have raised (this one a good example) don't always get an SMS response even though the tick box is checked.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for the heads up The 10th,
I'll go and test out a few SMS responses now and see what happens.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just tested SMS responses using my staff account and it seems to work just fine.
I've checked the last couple of tickets on your account and on ticket 35224526 no responses were given by SMS, however we did on ticket 34400521 on 05/08/10  and on 25/07/10.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team