cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More line speed problems.

longdriver
Dabbler

More line speed problems.

Angry  Once again I write to complain about line speed.The problem seems to raise its head after switching my system off for a few days. Wednesday 26/08/09 at 5.58pm I raised a fault ticket go thro all the check list, only to receive auto script messages telling me its being looked into.Today at Friday 28/08/09 at 04.00hrs i get an sms and a e-mail by a real person , so there is life at PN after all but  the person gives me the same message youv'e guess it  [ it's being looked into ].
      I enjoy catching up with programs I have missed on bbc iplayer etc with my current line speed of 1.7kbps it means the streaming is constantly breaking down.My normal line speed is a healthy  6.2--6.5kbps. My friend tell me interweaving [ think thats what he said ] has been turned off.
Come on PN sort it out please your in the top ten of ISPs.
                                                                                                        Longdriver. 

20 REPLIES 20
James
Grafter

Re: More line speed problems.

Hiya,
This appears to be because when you first reconnected your router, it reconnected at a slow speed.
As you're now connecting at a fast speed, the profile (and thus your speeds) should pick up in the next day or so.
Unfortunately we have no control over the actual profiling on your line as it's something that is set by a BT system.
longdriver
Dabbler

Hi James,
                    I have been waiting three days for it to speed up, how long does it take.
                                                                                            Long driver.
James
Grafter

It can take upto 5 days, but normally I would have expected it to have happened by now.
mapletree
Grafter

It can take a lot longer than five days.  Recently it took 11 days to go from 1500 to 1750 for me.
longdriver
Dabbler

>:(20.30hrs 29/08/09 still the same line speed 1,7kbps download upload 375kbps. No answer to any of my line speed results posted on fault checker does any body care at  PN.          Longdriver.           
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Unfortunately its a Bank Holiday Week end and some departments (Not sure which) dont work any weekends - Jameseh on the Coms Team who normally sort this out stops at 16:00 Fridays til Mon Mornins, this week Tues.
BT also very rarely work weekends
itsme
Grafter

BT work 24/7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

does the repair section fully cover weekends? as James has said several times no
ttodd69

Real slow is mine so I did the speed tests as advised.
I know they are all over the place and "inconsistent" so here are the three results from mybroadband, think, and namesco          down 293k ,285.24k,292k

up  342k, 338.24k, 338k
Looks pretty consistent to me and also looks pretty slow for "up to 8Mpbs"
in my local site we now have around 1000 apartments whereas a year ago there were only about 400 occupied, I suspect BT still has it mapped at 400.  [E161AQ]
will try another provider soon!
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
does the repair section fully cover weekends? as James has said several times no

Transmission guys (who do a 24/7 cover) will repair faults on the MDF on failed provisions as BT will incur penalty chargers. For normal domestic faults with no service agreement the answer is no but businesses with service agreement and all the emergency services the answer is yes.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

E16 1AQ looks an expensive area, but to be honest if your problem is with line contention, unless you go to cable changing ISP will be no use to you, as they all use the same BT supply
itsme
Grafter

May have invited myself around to see if I could fix the problem if the Redbull Air Race was on this year.  Grin Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Should be a good view (According to Google)
longdriver
Dabbler

Angry Nothing has changed line speed still down, despite receiving e-mails telling me my fault is clear and I should be getting line speeds of 7125 kbps.somebody must be having a laugh. last speed check I did 30 mins ago 1.7kbps down 375kbps up. Streaming video etc at these speeds is just pure frustration.
Come on PN sort it out please it's 7 days since I raised a ticket.
                                                                                                                        longdriver.