Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Query

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Migration Query

It can take anytime up to midnight to complete, it's still showing as 'committed' at the moment, this is the stage before completion. Hopefully overnight it'll flick to 'completed' and you'll be able to get online with us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Many thanks Chris for your quick reply...... Smiley
Its nice to know the current status, very helpful......
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Unless it happens in the next few minutes then the advised migration did not happen today.... Sad Cry
Just changed login details and no joy...
dogwhisperer
Grafter

still not migrated... Sad
Can a member of staff please confirm the current status.....ie is it still committed?....etc
ta
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Any chance of an answer?
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Right, I am getting fed up of this now, if you want me to be the shortest term customer you have had in history then your going the right way about it!
I was told the migration would happen yesterday......IT DIDNT!......supposed to happen today and here I am spending all afternoon checking and it hasn't  happened.....
Whats worse no member of staff has bothered to answer my last two posts which one was posted early afternoon....and yet members of staff have been answering other peoples posts.... Angry
Well done you have managed to turn me from being happy with PN to very unhappy in just a few days.....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I am looking at this now for you. I am sorry that we have not been able to come back to you until now, today has been an exceptionally busy day for us but we are endeavouring to address as many queries highlighted on this forum as we are able to.
I am about to pick up the phone to speak to our suppliers and will reply to this thread again shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dogwhisperer,
As per our chat when I phoned you. This delay has been caused by an order 'exception' with our suppliers. I have escalated this matter and have been advised that the issue should be cleared and the migration completed within 24 hours. I will keep an eye on this for you and we'll get it chased further if we need to.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Adam,
You have restored my confidence with plusnet after your very kind and informative phone call.
I am a loyal customer and the two ISP's I have had in the last 10 years have never phoned me or even phoned me back when they said they would, so it was a pleasant surprise when you phoned me just from reading my post on your forum......
So good 'ole' BT have put a spanner in the works, no surprise there, I know from previous experience that they are a law unto themselves.....
I very much appreciate that you will keep an eye on this for me, even if there is a problem its much easier to deal with from my perspective if I at least know what is going on and that plusnet are doing all they can to help me.
Many thanks indeed.....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I am not convinced I will be migrating today either as Instead of a clear date on the order tracker I am now getting a vague message, vague messages always flag up warning signs for me....see below...
"Activating your line

Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due , has completed"
I will be very surprised if BT are capable of doing anything in 24 hrs, its more likely BT messed up the original migration as the day it was supposed to happen (advised by Mand on this thread) I noticed my broadband went down for a while and when it came back my upload speed had halved from 600 to 300.....and the router stats, snr, line attenuation ect looked suspiciously  like when I was on the old BT network and not 21cn that I have been on for a year or so, the upload speed supports that as that was the max for me on the old BT network.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

STILL, not migrated......is there any further news / updates?
As Easter hols start tomorrow it dont look good anything will happen.
I notice plusnet have taken 11.99 from my account a few days ago and are not supplying me with a service yet, I know this is down to BT but my contract is with you, not them.
Looks like another frustrating afternoon, a dongle is looking a more attractive option than having to put up with this.....
The information on your website is mis-leading....ie ....."Broadband orders typically take a week to complete".......
It should read..........."Broadband orders typically take how ever long BT decide it will take"
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dogwhisperer,
As advised when I phoned you yesterday, due to the escalation I raised BT are endeavouring to complete the migration within 24 hours which I was advised around 7pm yesterday. Orders do take typically a week, however unfortunately a few like yours do hit some slight delays. I can perfectly understand your frustrations here especially with the easter weekend looming but I am keeping a close eye on this today for you and will push BT if needed.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
I do appreciate your efforts on my behalf, but I am getting completely fed up with this as you can understand, as usual the poor customer gets caught in the firing line, while I am happy that plusnet are trying to help I have no faith / confidence in BT whatsoever.....another attractive thing if I choose the dongle route is that I can then get rid of my BT line altogether and use my mobile for phone calls.....that will save me £250 a year in line rental to start with...!!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dogwhisperer,
As per when I phoned again the migration is complete. Please keep an eye on how things go and let is know if you have any concerns or see any problems with this.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I have arrived...... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin
How did I find out that my broadband was active?
Adam kindly telephoned me to inform me and was very helpful and patient in answering a few other questions I had.
Just hope my download and upload speeds get back to where they should be in the 10 day training period.
Many thanks again Adam for all your help......most appreciated.