Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Query

dogwhisperer
Grafter

Migration Query

Hi,
I set up to migrate to plusnet last Monday (22nd March), I have been keeping an eye on the broadband order tracker and from about Tuesday onwards have been stuck on 'checking your line'...We're running the final checks on your telephone line before submitting your order......
No problem has been been highlighted.....
I am migrating broadband internet only, there is no phone package involved...
Is this normal?.....I was hoping to migrate between 5 and 7 days and now fear this is unlikley to happen as for about 5 days been stuck on as mentioned above....
550 REPLIES 550
Mand
Grafter

Re: Migration Query

Hi there,
I'm not sure why the order tracker got stuck on your account, but your order is due to complete tomorrow. Smiley
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Many thanks for your reply, before joining this forum I read quite a few posts and noticed how helpful you have been (and the other staff here) and I get the general feeling you will go the extra mile to help your customers out.....an impressive and rare quality these days in my view........
I just checked the order tracker and its given me a different date to what you have posted.....it says......"Activating your line,Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Your broadband order should complete on 31st Mar 2010 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens"
Please could you confirm which date is correct.
Keep up the good work, its most appreciated.....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Probably Mand, it is not unusual for it to be active the day before, give it a try after about noon
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dogwhisperer,
The delivery date is showing for today though the order is still open at present. If you notice that the line is in sync when plugging the router in please let us know and we'll activate the account for you. If not it should activate tomorrow automatically.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Matt,
The line is in sync, how will I know if its in sync from you or my current supplier before  I migrate?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I take it you have a router?  go iinto your router panel and change your login details.
If it is the one you got from PN, that is preconfigured with the PN details
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, it shouldn't lose sync at all during the process as I understand it. I suspect the only way to tell is if your login details for the previous provider stop working I'm afraid.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Matt,
So what did you mean then about me checking if the line was in sync?
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I take it you have a router?  go iinto your router panel and change your login details.
If it is the one you got from PN, that is preconfigured with the PN details

HI pierre_pierre,
Thanks, yes I have a router....netgear DG834G v4........I already had the router, just changed the login details to the new PN ones and get no internet so assume the migration hasn't happened yet.....
Looking at my router logs the internet went down a few times during the middle of the night, so thought perhaps the migration had happened.
Looking at my router stats it appears to me I have gone back on the old BT network (have been on 21cn for over a year), as upload speed has gone from 600 to 300....but download speed is the same.....odd
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi dogwhisperer,
I've just checked the migration order and it is not yet complete. Just to reassure you it is due for today and I cannot see any issues with this. Just to confirm though your connection should not drop as the result of a migration taking place so if you do have any concerns about stability or speeds you might want to query that with BT if its causing you any major problems. Alternatively you may wish to hang on until the migration to us has gone through, if there are any problems (which we don't forsee at all) we would be happy to help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
I expect its just my existing ISP causing the problems......thats why Im migrating...... Smiley
As you know BT will not talk to people regarding any broadband problems so I am a little surprised you asked me to go down that route....
Anyway, see what happens first after the migration.....fingers and everything else crossed.......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi dogwhisperer,
My bad, it looks like I got the impression that you were migrating from BT which is the only reason I mentioned that you could query that issue with them. Yes, lets see how things go and please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any problems after the migration. Our contact details for support in case you don't have them are as follows:
web queries: http://contactus.plus.net
support help line: 0114 296 5198
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

No problem at all,
Many thanks for your reply and helpful info.....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Just tried the login details on the router again and the migration does not seem to have happened today so far.... Cry Sad
Can someone from Plusnet confirm if the migration has taken place today or not?....or is likely to now?
Thanks....