cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated away from Plusnet

SteveH1

Migrated away from Plusnet

Migrated to Zen today, had a technical query so sent an email to their tech support, yes an email.

It took them 11 minuits to reply from a person and answer my question.

Plusnet really have fallen by the wayside when it comes to customer support.

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Migrated away from Plusnet

compare the costs - if Plusnet charged similar numbers and didn't have silly offers they could do the same

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Better experience than I had.

I toyed with the idea of moving to Zen a few months ago as over the course of the first year, taking into account the offer for the first few months, it would have cost me much the same as Plusnet.  I rang the sales number and left voicemail for them to call me back. They never did which rather put me off. I reasoned that if they couldn't be bothered to to respond before I was a customer then what chance would I have once I was under contract.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Oldjim wrote:

compare the costs - if Plusnet charged similar numbers and didn't have silly offers they could do the same

Or even just the "didn't have silly offers" part of your statement would go a long way ...  Wink

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@Oldjim wrote:

they might not even need to increase the charges... just stop giving FREE broadband for the ENTIRE length of the contract, while suckers like existing customers have to pay full price.

BillEvil
Hooked

I just did. The cost for Broadband without line rental is actually just cheaper than PlusNet's for me.

Probably due to the fact that Zen seem not to discriminate against rural areas for which PN charge a premium price for almost no (512kbps) service!

If not for the fact I will be going to use Tooway satellite soon, I would have migrated to Zen today - same price as PN charge but with service ! I'd still be stuck with 512kbps though thanks to BT 😞

2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Gee wiz people, vote with your feet! if you can`t get a good deal with plusnet when you renew, move away then come back as a new customer!

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@SteveH1 - Wishing you all the best with your new provider. Let us know if there's any problems at any point regarding the closure of your account.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
SteveH1

Thanks Matty, hopefully all will go smoothly.