cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merged Interleaving and Absolute Disgrace

rookey
Grafter

Merged Interleaving and Absolute Disgrace

I am getting rubbish download speed alot of download are being in the region of 25kbps on a 7mb line which is disgrace... I am also getting alot of gaming drop out and I never had any of these problems untill the past couple of weeks.  I keep sending tickets to Support and they taking ages to be answer which is a disgrace.  I AM NOT GOING TO PAY for something that I am not getting i should.
PLEASE SORT IT
51 REPLIES 51
James
Grafter

Re: Absolute Disgrace

Hi there,
Your current ticket was answered within 14 minutes.  I appreciate the the second reply has yet to arrive, however this was after 11pm, so we have minimal staff in overnight, although you're always welcome to give us a ring so we can do some checks with you over the phone.  I'm sorry that you feel that the replies to your other ticket were taking a long time to come back to you.
I've run a check on your telephone line and I can't see anything that is obviously wrong.  Your connection/synchronisation speeds are very good (because you're so close to the exchange) and there no errors being reported via the test I've run.
Can I ask you to possibly try running a BT Speedtest via http://www.speedtester.bt.com which will allow BT to see the poor speeds that you are receiving so that we're able to raise a fault with them after getting you to do a couple other things.
The problem is extremely unlikely to be at our end, but from anywhere from your router to the BT exchange itself (which is normal for most faults).  Can you try running that test, trying to borrow your brothers router if at all possible and to ensure that your router is connecting directly to your master socket via a microfilter.  If you could possibly connect to the test socket behind the master faceplate, that would be ideal as you get the best possible signal to your house from there.
Let me know how you get on and I'll do whatever I can to help.
rookey
Grafter

Hi,
Thank you for your kind reply on this, what i cant understand is my brother is having the same problem as me too with slow download speed etc.  I been trying to download apple itune 8 can you tell me what speed you getting to download that.. As i am getting at the moment 25kbps which is slow. 
I will do some more test which I have already done a few time just to try again and be back in touch but really want this sorting as i have also been getting alot of games drop out too disconnection which i never had problems with before..
I be back in touch
Regards
Andrew
James
Grafter

Thanks Andrew,
What sort of speeds do you get from http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk ?
That's just a normal HTTP speedtest.
rookey
Grafter

download 6117kb
upload 380 kb
They do seem fast for that but why is it slow at downloading some software such as itune 8 have you tried that for me?  Also why does my gaming get disconnected?  I never had these problem at all before just recently..
I have done that bt tester the first stage but I could not do the further test as when i changed the username on my router to do the further test it would not connect to the net.. And yes I had the password blank
rookey
Grafter

On my router to do the further test on bt speedtester I alter the user name to bt_test_user and left password blank i cant connect tot he net to do the further test what else should i alter?
James
Grafter

Thanks Andrew,
That shows your general web speeds to be okay.  iTunes is classed as a "download server" so speeds are limited during different times of the day.  I wouldn't expect them to be that slow though.  I've asked our Products Team to have a look and see if there is anything that they can do to improve the speeds that you have been seeing.
What games are you playing that seem to be dropping out?
rookey
Grafter

Please do try and sort the download speed out for me and see what they can do for me... Browsing is ok it just download speed i never had this problem before and been able to download quite quickly normally but past couple of weeks been aweful.
I play on COD5 on PS3 quite a few times past few days I been cutted of due to poor network connection and never had this before either..  Is my ISP Package strong enough for this sort of thing?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Your package should be absolutely fine for playing games like COD5.
It's possible that the traffic isn't being identified as gaming properly, which may be the reason why you're having trouble.  I'll try and find out if that is the case.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

How is your PS3 set up? Wired or wireless and is it in the DMZ on your router or are you using uPnP?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
rookey
Grafter

It is set up on the Wifi and sorry I dont understand the rest can you please let us know how it should be set up
All I done is get the PS3 to pickup my Router and put in my password that it so no idea how it connected
James
Grafter

Yup - COD5 is being prioritised correctly.
Is it possible for you to link your PS3 to your router via a wired ethernet cable?
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Yup - COD5 is being prioritised correctly.
How do you mean by this?Huh

Is it possible for you to link your PS3 to your router via a wired ethernet cable?
Be hard since the router in a different room but I had it on Wifi for ages and never had a problem

James
Grafter

Sure - I'm just wondering whether for some reason, the PS3 is encoutering some interference, causing the wireless signal to be a touch on the flakey side at times.
Are you able to change the wireless channel on your router to see if it makes any difference?
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Sure - I'm just wondering whether for some reason, the PS3 is encoutering some interference, causing the wireless signal to be a touch on the flakey side at times.
Are you able to change the wireless channel on your router to see if it makes any difference?

Have just changed the wireless channel to 13 from 11 see if that helps..