Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member Centre problems

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Member Centre problems

Silly really, but I can't get in. Can someone remind me. what follows after my user name? I think I'm using correct detail and password. But!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Member Centre problems

Your ACCOUNT password, @Luzern 

John
Luzern
Hero

@jab1 I am using the password for the plusnet account, but what form is the login after user?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jab1
Legend

@Luzern The 'User' field is your user 'name' ONLY - no other characters at all.

I.e if you user name is 'Fred', that is all you enter.

John
Luzern
Hero

@jab1  Thanks For that, 

I filled the forgotten password application in and received an email, where the link led me nowhere obvious.

You've told us that you'd like to reset the password for your Plusnet account.

To do this, please click the link within the email we have sent to the email address we have on your account.

Please note:

Resetting your password will also change the password for your other Plusnet services such as:

- Your broadband connection password

- Your default Plusnet email address password

Once you've reset your password, you might need to update your router and email applications too.  Most Plusnet supplied routers will automatically update themselves, but if you need any help, then please take a look at our support pages at https://www.plus.net/help/

If you've got any questions, you can contact our Support Team on 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK) or 0345 140 0200 (from abroad).

Please ignore the email if you have not recently requested to reset your password.

Best wishes,

Plusnet Customer Support

http://www.plus.net/

Email ref: E0145

-

Plusnet plc

Registered Office: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

Registered in England no: 3279013

VAT No: 245 7193 48

Luzern
Hero

Throughout I heve found  "

Please try again. Make sure your browser allows cookies, otherwise you won't be able to log in." despite allowing all cookies, and making dsl.plus.net permanent. 

PLusnet speechless

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Luzern What do you mean by "making dsl.plus.net permanent

The member centre only needs your username and password to login.

Your router needs username@plusdsl.net  and password to connect.

There seems to be some confusion here.

jab1
Legend

OK. I'm a little confused now. When was the last time you logged into your account?

If you haven't changed any passwords - don't

To log in to your account, the top box needs your USER NAME only - If you have a PN email address it will be in the form of ' XXX@username.plus.com' -top box.

The password will be your account password which you selected when joining PN, and you should have made a note of it, by default it is never shown in plain text.

John
Luzern
Hero

@RealAleMadrid   I referred to the warning about cookie settings in my browser 

Luzern
Hero

@jab1 Mytime with Plunet is long back to steam, and i've changed words several times. Event has not occured before.

Tried EDGE and got in with the dets ils used my usual browser. s Works on Chrome now. Bemused.

jab1
Legend

Glad you've solved it, @Luzern . Out of curiosity, what is you 'usual' browser?

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Luzern You haven't answered my question, it is entirely up to you, but if you wish to do so what do you mean by  "making dsl.plus.net permanent"  How is it relevant to cookies? As far as I know dsl.plus.net is an incorrect corruption of plusdsl.net which is used in the router username field.

Luzern
Hero

@RealAleMadrid  from earlier post 

Throughout I have found  "

Please try again. Make sure your browser allows cookies, otherwise you won't be able to log in." despite allowing all cookies, and making dsl.plus.net permanent. 

Well having checked Chrome settings to make sure 'allow' was selected,  I  chose a further option that adds permanently allowed sites

Sites that can always use cookies

If what I Put im reply wa incorrect it wad accidental
                                                                                                                                                                               i

Luzern
Hero

thamks all