Did you mean: 

Member Centre Login failed Webmail is down as is RSS Feed of Service Status

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Member Centre Login failed Webmail is down as is RSS Feed of Service Status

Quote from: chandu
However, tried  http://www.mail2web.com. ; It timed out.  So, no joy there, I'm afraid..

How are you trying to log in?
The format for the email address you need to use isn't immediately obvious. You need to enter your details as per the attached screengrab.
So if your email address is mail@username.plus.com and your mailbox username is username+mail and you're a plusnet customer, then you'd need to login using:
Email address: username+mail@mail.plus.net
Password: <mailbox password>

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Hi Bob,
Quote from: Bob

Please be mindful that this problem does *not* affect broadband connectivity or performance, so if you have a problem with your Internet connection itself then you should raise it via the normal channels.

A few users appear to be suffering from low speeds here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101288.0.html :-
This is my FTTC connection:-

connected to the gateway known as pcl-ag01.
This is located in City Lifeline House.
grumpybob
Grafter

STILL no access to my Webmail. This is simply outrageous. An epic fail on the part of Plusnet.
Plusnet: you have OBLIGATIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES to your PAYING CUSTOMERS. Saying, basically, you're doing your best is not good enough. You should have seen the possibility of this combination of circumstances coming and been much better prepared and protected.
The way I see it, you are not paying for your mistakes, I am.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: grumpybob
STILL no access to my Webmail. This is simply outrageous. An epic fail on the part of Plusnet.
Plusnet: you have OBLIGATIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES to your PAYING CUSTOMERS. Saying, basically, you're doing your best is not good enough. You should have seen the possibility of this combination of circumstances coming and been much better prepared and protected.
The way I see it, you are not paying for your mistakes, I am.

I understand you might be frustrated but you are aware you have other means of collecting your email aren't you? There's some very tired engineers travelling around Sheffield tonight due to the tireless work that's been put in over the last 36 hours or so. There's also going to be engineers working throughout the night. The issue is not a simple one and neither am I convinced  great deal could have been done to prepare for it either. Please be patient with us.
Anyway, latest update here:
[quote author="Bob Pullen"]Access to Sheffield-based services/Data Centre Power Outage (69729) - UPDATE
This is an update to this afternoon's post about the problems you may be experiencing following outage at one of our data centres yesterday afternoon/early this morning.
We are still experiencing problems that may be affecting your use of the following services:
- Access to both our new and old Webmail platforms
- Access to our Fax-2-Email service
The problems are likely to remain outstanding until we have completed some maintenance work this evening at one of our Sheffield data centres. Please be mindful that this maintenance could cause further problems between the hours of Midnight tonight and 6.00am tomorrow morning.
We would like to apologise for the continued inconvenience and will provide another update tomorrow once the maintenance is complete.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
And here's the announcement for tonight's work:
[quote author="Bob Pullen"]Planned Data Centre Maintenance - Wednesday 4th January Midnight-6.00am
When's this work happening?
Early tomorrow morning, 4th January.
What does it affect?
Access to various Sheffield-based services, particularly our Webmail, Fax-2-Email and Plesk/Pay-As-You-Host platforms.
How long will it take?
Up to six hours.
What does the work involve?
We will be carrying out work on some of the power systems that triggered yesterday's data centre outage.
Am I likely to notice the work?
Quite possibly as we are going to need to power down a lot of network equipment. We have taken measures to switch most services to a secondary location however our Webmail, Fax-2-Email and Plesk/Pay-As-You-Host platforms will be down during the maintenance window.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Other Sheffield-based services such as our internal systems, customer email collection, customer-hosted websites, access to our main website and access to our Community Site and discussion forums may also suffer short interruptions in Connectivity.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
Quote from: Baldeagle1
Hi Bob,

Please be mindful that this problem does *not* affect broadband connectivity or performance, so if you have a problem with your Internet connection itself then you should raise it via the normal channels.

A few users appear to be suffering from low speeds here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101288.0.html :-

Best to keep the two issues separate at the moment methinks, but having just jumped off the VPN I'm a little startled by my own speed which is normally above 35Mbps down! I'll jump into the other thread...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

grumpybob
Grafter

You stated:
"I understand you might be frustrated ... "
"might be". MIGHT BE!
You stated:
"but you are aware you have other means of collecting your email aren't you?"
Do you mean via such means as mail2web.com? That only gives me access to my Inbox. I want (NEED!) to be able to get to my Sent and other user-created folders. Can you offer any suggestions as to how I might reach those?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you log in to mail2web using the advanced settings you can access your folders.
https://www.mail2web.com/login/?lid=0&il=0
Server name or IP address
imap.plus.net
User ID or Login name
username+mailboxname
Password
Mailbox password
Tick the IMAP4 option and login.
The folders are in a dropdown box at the top of the page.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: chandu
However, tried  http://www.mail2web.com. ; It timed out.  So, no joy there, I'm afraid..

You need to enter your details as per the attached screengrab.
So if your email address is mail@username.plus.com and your mailbox username is username+mail and you're a plusnet customer, then you'd need to login using:
Email address: username+mail@mail.plus.net
Password: <mailbox password>

Thank you Bob & Chris.  I was entering my normal email address and the password.  I will try again with the format you have suggested.
Chandu.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@Bob, I tried your method of login on mail2web.com, with all the possible variations of user ID, but, I am afraid, it just refused to work giving me login error/s.  Sad
@Chris, I tried your method of using the advanced login, but using the mail.plus.net as mail server for POP3 and it worked nicely.  Wink
Thanks guys for your help.
Chandu.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Webmail finally working for me now, Wednesday 4th.
Appears intact, lot of emails in my inbox, which actually is forwarded mail from my webmail provider, I only use PlusNet mail as a backup.
bobboulby
Grafter

I can't log in to the Member Centre again this morning (see attached).
Bob
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Neither can I
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just logged into the "Member Centre" successfully on two different "Force 9" accounts, and subsequent navigation within the site is dramatically faster than it has been for months.
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Interesting - if I go back to the Plusnet home page it shows me as logged in - but I get time-outs if I try to access any other member pages.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I can't log in to the member centre either.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Member centre working for me (it's even updated my "current line speed" after a 3 day wait - what a bonus! :D)