cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max premium trial for a month

StephenF
Grafter

Re: Max premium trial for a month

Yeah im on the dg834g v5 wired connection. it seems to be stable again now but i don't know how long for.
I appreciate your help though thanks a lot Smiley
also yes i can still see the router during lockouts and connect via default gateway address
StephenF
Grafter

just an update this issues seems to be resolved, i'll let you know if it goes down again but besides the 10 or so disconnects i received the day it got activated, it has been fine
StephenF
Grafter

I am just curios is it possible to push my upload further still to increase quality?
StephenF
Grafter

what's frustrating is if i could just push only 100kbps more out of my upload without killing my downstream, i could get the quality im aiming for but i just dont know if its possible on these lines. upload in general is an issue in the UK and i have no idea why
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Steve,
What are you actually getting from your upstream at the moment?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenF
Grafter

0.71mbps but i can only actually stream at 0.4mbps because anything higher cripples the connection. the game peaks at a usage of 0.52mbps bitrate
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Steve,
That doesn't sound bad to be honest. I've also run a line test and can see that you are close to the exchange and the upstream syncs at 832 as expected. However being realistic you'd never get exactly that.
It might be an idea to consider your set up at this stage are you connecting to the router via wifi or eithenet?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenF
Grafter

ethernet (always if i can help it  ;D)
no, to be honest mate i really think that i am at the best quality i am going to be able to reach until the eventual fttc rollout in 2530 ^_^
thank you for your great help i really appreciate it, the line is stable now and i am not experiencing any drops
as always plusnet is awesome!
phil4
Grafter

Quote from: StephenF
0.71mbps but i can only actually stream at 0.4mbps because anything higher cripples the connection. the game peaks at a usage of 0.52mbps bitrate

Just my 2p, but with a bit of experience, if you max out the upload, you do indeed suffer on download.  The reason I put down to simplicity,  if your upload is maxed out, then the request for something, such as a webpage is then delayed/lost, and consequnetly the download doesn't occur or is slower.  Don't forget that in downloading something there will be numerous small uploads, to request, to acknowledge and to re-request.
0.4 on a 0.7 doesn't sound like it's too far out to me.  But that's just my 2p.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@StephenF, no probs. Hope all continues to go smoothly from here.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenF
Grafter

I've been getting a lot of great feedback from my viewers saying the stream quality is fine (before it was really poor). I mean it isn't HD but it's pretty decent quality. Atm i'm streaming terraria so it's not such an issue as the bitrate usage isn't so high on it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK great, glad to hear that this is sorted.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team