cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Routers?

virgolea
Dabbler

Ridiculous Routers?

Anyone agree with me that the routers are so ridiculous, especially the Thomson TG585 gateway.. I mean, we were with TalkTalk before and they were quite good apart from the support they lack, but their routers are easily manageable and a massive advantage that Plusnet lack is.. my XBOX LIVE connected straight away and I didnt have to go to Microsoft or go to third party websites and download useless programmes, but then on the good side Plusnet offer a good, constant broadband connection.. but still lacking XBOX LIVE HERE!!!
9 REPLIES
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Ridiculous Routers?

Really?
I litterally unplugged my home hub, and plugged the PlusNet router straight into the old wires, and it instantly worked without changing any settings, and I certainly havent had to download any programmes.
My xbox live is much better since I left BT.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Please reply to your thread here... http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,95923.0.html
And I will try my best to get you up and running. I have used plusnets routers In the past for MY x box live connection without fault.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
virgolea
Dabbler

Yes, Devonian,
Plusnet told me to go to www.portforward.com and use that and its totally useless! Hopefully, Steve M can help me get sorted, much appreciated Steve.. Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Posted In wrong thread Embarrassed
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Devonian
Grafter

Did you try the router before you made any changes?
virgolea
Dabbler

Yeah, I havent actually made any changes as of yet..
Devonian
Grafter

Wierd how sometimes things work perfect for one person, and is a pain in the rectum for other people!!
As I said, I didn't have to change a thing, just plugged it in, changed the ssid and password... easier than changing all the gear around the house... then it worked perfectly!
virgolea
Dabbler

see i cant even change my wireless network name or password, its a default and i cant change none of it, at least i dont no if i can or not!?
And yes it is a pain in the rectum, plusnet can send us a new router along with the gaming add on package if i cant get it sorted! Cheesy
Fixes: 70

Moderators Note
Thread locked in favour of this one to aid fault finding.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine