Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing e-mails

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Marketing e-mails

I seem to be bombarded by Plusnet e-mails promoting BT Sport. I do at present have 3 Plusnet accounts (one should be closed soon), but even allowing for that there are a lot of them. I have absolutely no interest in BT Sport (and if Plusnet put the same effort into fixing their billing system as they put into marketing BT Sport we'd all benefit).

It is possible to unsubscribe from e-mails from Plusnet, but it is all or nothing so if I unsubscribe to avoid these e-mails I wouldn't get e-mails for any promotions or other topics that I just might be interested in.

Would it be possible to split the subscription options to be finer grain, so that BT Sport (or any other major topic) is subscribed/unsubscribed separately?

I'm sure it won't be possible (it is likely too technical for Plusnet), so the next such e-mail I get I will just unsubscribe altogether.

9 REPLIES 9
22over7
Rising Star

Re: Marketing e-mails

Seconded.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Doesn't the GDPR require permission from the recipient?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I think permission is implicit in the business relationship formed by having a Plusnet account, and there is the option to unsubscribe. My issue is that it is an all or nothing option.

VileReynard
Hero

Must be - I never get any communications from them (a situation I'm quite happy with).

22over7
Rising Star

Has anyone had a marketing email from Plusnet  about something *other* than cheap BT sport? 

In about 3.5 years, I can't recall anything of interest to me (like a month's payment holiday, let's say, for my loyaltyKiss). But there *was* a very good SIM deal, via EE, some years ago ... was that announced in a marketing email?  Some reason to stay subscribed? 

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I've had a few over the years, but having just looked at some that I hadn't deleted I must admit there are none that I would have missed had I not received them - competitions for things I didn't want to win anyway, offers for upgrades to FTTC that I can't get etc. Recently it is just BT Sport, BTSport, BT Sport.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

Arrgh! Just got a Black Friday special offer e-mail - guess what, it is BT Sport for a pound.

VileReynard
Hero

Don't like sport.

22over7
Rising Star

It's funny the way the word "sport" has changed. It used to mean fun, or you could say that someone was a good sport. Now it just means unutterable tedium.