cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing Ideas

idlewis
Grafter

Marketing Ideas

Can Plusnet offer free broadband for a month or no contract for a certain period so people can change their mind and try the broadband or another marketing ploy to get people apply for your service.
Unfortunately some people think that anything that is cheap is not very good even though they have economic difficulties.
How about working in partnership with another company to do new inititives which could tempt people to go for Plusnet.
What do you think?
12 REPLIES 12
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Marketing Ideas

The major incentive really is referrals, the idea is you tell all your friends and family what great service / speed etc. you get from plusnet.
Plusnet will then reward you with Xp off per month per person Smiley
I dont think plusnet need to grow 'too quickly' by doing the 1month free thing, (which is offered by O2 and other providers) its not "different" - and any influx of customers it brings would be (more than likely) influxed over a few days, which PN may find difficult to cope with.
Regards
TicnTac
Grafter

Maybe the best way is for all the managers, upper managment, directors, and CEO's of BT / Plusnet start doing their work on a voluntary basis, this way it might free funds up to provide free Internet for users say for those that use 0-20Gb / month, of course calls made during the day time can be paid for to provide a little revenue, and those who use 20Gb + can have a small charge per month for the use.
I'm sure that Plusnet would be very popular with it's customers, and many new customers would also jump on board, making Plusnet one of the best ISP's in the UK.
They could perhaps take a leaf out of the halifax advertising program and use their own staff to create adverts, after all, paying them a few pounds an hour is far cheaper than proper actors and a full ad campaign.
I'm sure this would bring a great service from the ISP up North Wink
Either that, or they can continue conning as many new users into using their clapped out copper wire service, charging as much as they can to 'seem' cheap and make a profit to satisfy fat cat wages and happy share holders within the BT Group, and extorting grants from local and national goverment to provide an even worse servce than they do now, of course at tax payers expense! They can continue pretending they're a little local ISP large enough to cover the UK, and BT will hide behind the once innocent great ISP that was once loved and supported known as Plusnet.
Wink
So for much for that cup of tea I said I was going to have in the Plusnet IRC  Roll_eyes c[_]
idlewis
Grafter

Well Said TicnTac.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Maybe the best way is for all the managers, upper managment, directors, and CEO's of BT / Plusnet start doing their work on a voluntary basis, this way it might free funds up to provide free Internet for users say for those that use 0-20Gb / month, of course calls made during the day time can be paid for to provide a little revenue, and those who use 20Gb + can have a small charge per month for the use.

What's that I can see out of my window, hang on I believe its Beelzebub waving at a flying pig as he skates past on his way to work... Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

What's that I can see out of my window, hang on I believe its Beelzebub waving at a flying pig as he skates past on his way to work...

From what I can gather, it isn't a rare sight looking out of PN Towers windows Wink
Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Our view out of the window isn't that exciting unfortunately, lots of concrete and glass TBH!
idlewis,
keep an eye out as we do offer a no contract option and from time to time we do special offers with the first few months for free as an incentive. Yes this does mean paying an activation fee but in some cases the free subscription may outweigh the cost.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
idlewis
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Our view out of the window isn't that exciting unfortunately, lots of concrete and glass TBH!
idlewis,
keep an eye out as we do offer a no contract option and from time to time we do special offers with the first few months for free as an incentive. Yes this does mean paying an activation fee but in some cases the free subscription may outweigh the cost.

Is it well advertised?  if it was people may come and join Plusnet.
TicnTac
Grafter

s it well advertised?  if it was people may come and join Plusnet.

I hope not, otherwise people may come and join Plusnet, and increase traffic, and slow the network down  Cry
...........ah, okay, I see what ya getting at here, great idea, should be well advertised for folk to see, and then people can join Plusnet and make enough money to promote Adam and give him a nice healthy Christmas bonus, and my fault won't reach 12 months! Wink
idlewis
Grafter

It just that Plusnet keep trying to test consumers with M & S vouchers for referrals so I am trying to think of other ways to encourage people to come to Plusnet, as I do speak to people and tell them but they decide to join whatever time they feel wish so I cannot use the referral option.
matt_2k34
Grafter

so I cannot use the referral option.

When they sign up, raise a ticket on their acc, saying.
"Referred by: USERNAME - username token wasnt known at registration"
provided its recent, PN (used to at least) allow the discount be applied to you. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It just that Plusnet keep trying to test consumers with M & S vouchers

Where does the 'test' come into it? Personally I'd be very glad to get such a voucher when normally one wouldn't be given as an additional incentive for referring.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
idlewis
Grafter

Adam
There nothing wrong with M&S Vouchers but I just like to have other incentives to tempt people other than referrals and these should be well advertised.