Did you mean: 

Market Area Anomaly

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Market Area Anomaly

@jelv it looks like your telephone number was still listed as the CLI on your downgraded account.

Without making any changes to your stored contact details, I've removed your number as the CLI, so you should now be able to use the broadband availability checker on our site normally.

With regards to whether you're in a low cost area, I believe that the market area cost would be worked out from the exchange your line is connected to which in your case is Mere.

However, I've gone back to the project owner to clarify and I'll post back shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Any update?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the delayed response @jelv

I haven't received a reply back yet so I've sent another email off, and I'll be sure to come back here when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Fix

@painterpete wrote:

I live in an area that has 2 LLU operators available but is currently ranked Market A. Consequently I pay the premium rate for my broadband. The exchange is Weston, Stafford.

I know people who live in a village where there are no LLU operators but the exchange has been changed to Market C. Consequently their monthly bill has been reduced accordingly.

Can any-one explain why I am being penalised?

The promised reclassification came out on the 31st July. See here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Am-I-now-Low-Cost-or-not/m-p/1558962#M79990. If you look at Annex 1 of the linked report you will find that your exchange (WMWES) is now listed as Market B, hence now in a low cost area.

As a result you should see a price reduction in the near future. It will be interesting to see how long it takes Plusnet to respond.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

painterpete
Dabbler

@Baldrick1,

Thanks, I will let you know when Plusnet advise me of the price cut.