cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a complaint from abroad - does email not exist?

daveblond

Making a complaint from abroad - does email not exist?

I have an issue that I need to get resolved please. I had a broadband account cut off two weeks before the scheduled date. Despite being a customer of many years (and a Yorkshireman!) I was told nothing could be done other than setup a new account. I'd been waiting ages to get out of the contract as the property is now let out and I wanted the tenants to set up their own account, so I certainly wasn't going to do that. 

Despite my insistence that something must be able to be done to switch it back on, it couldn't be done. Our tenants were going mad with me, so I had to purchase a 4G wireless box from Three, set it up on the same day and pay a month of unlimited data. I told the lady on the phone I would expect to be recompensed for this mistake, and she said I could be. 

But how? I'm now in Asia in a different time zone. The live chat is always busy. Phoning won't get me anywhere because I need to send the proof of my purchases and document what I am claiming for. Why can't I just email? 

I'd been very happy with Plusnet until this happened, but this mistake caused me a lot of stress and left me out of pocket. How do I proceed?

Incidentally.. I just moved into a new house in Thailand. On a Friday. On the Saturday we went to the local office of 3BB (a leading supplier here) and placed an order for a new line and signed the contract. The next morning (Sunday) a crew arrived (yeah not one guy - 3 guys) and installed our new fibre optic line down the street and into our house in under an hour. It was all running less than 24 hours after placing the order. And people think the UK is a first world country 😂 

3 REPLIES 3
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Making a complaint from abroad - does email not exist?

Hi @daveblond

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered. 

Do you have a digital receipt you can screenshot and add this to a ticket on your account? We are unable to honour refunds if we are unable to see the evidence I'm afraid. 

Kind Regards

daveblond

Hi Ollie thanks for your response,
I can not see how I can raise a ticket. 
Yes I have documents to send. The live chat is permanently busy and as I said I can't phone. 
I would appreciate it if you could start the ticket, and then I could reply with the documents. Cheers

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @daveblond

I have created a complaint ticket for you of which you can attach your proof of purchase here

Kind Regards