cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major deterioration in Customer Service

deepinshight

Major deterioration in Customer Service

I've noticed a major deterioration in Plusnet's customer service lately.

Here are 10 points for a start:

1. The website has had a lot of useful stuff removed - e.g. you're no longer able to log a support call via the Help Centre

2. The time to get an answer after holding for tech support in ALWAYS in excess of 1 hour

3. The online chat service is NEVER available

4. The support centre closes at 22:00

5. The quality of technical knowledge of staff in the support centre has dropped to an unacceptable level ( PN: "You need to stop your browser's security to fix that" Me:"I'm using Chrome- how do I do that" PN:"You'll have to contact Google for that" Me:"Have you got their contact details?" PN:"You'll need to go to google for that". =:O

6. The music from Yorkshire based artists policy for the 'hold queue' has been scrapped.

7. I'm made to feel like a pest rather than a valued customer

8. The PlusNet ethos of a good workforce delivering a quality product has evaporated.

9. I am reminded of the downfall of Demon (from who I switched to PlusNet from) all over again.

10. Speed and connection quality are becoming erratic and less reliable.

What's happening, why and what (if anything) is being done to address such concerns?

5 REPLIES 5
revdc

Re: Major deterioration in Customer Service

Agreed - I'm trying to sign up for mobile as an existing broadband and phone customer, but the website won't let me. After navigating about ten menus on the phone, I had a message indicating at least a 30 minute wait for a response. That's not acceptable, and doesn't match up to the matey tone of the TV ads. Very disappointed in Plusnet. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Chat tends not to work if you have n ad blocker - to say it never works suggests that something on your system is stopping it.

deepinshight

I have 4 different browsers, some with and others without ad blockers.

I tried disabling, removing and white-listing in the ad blockers - no joy. Those without still don't permit the chat.

Message i get is:

Online chat is currently unavailable, please choose another option.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Being a bit pedantic, they never said it "never works". They said "The online chat service is NEVER available"

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

deepinshight looks like someone got through the spam filter with th first reply Sad 
But yes there is a deterioration of customer service , Due to management giving away free offers and not increasing Staff to deal with influx of extra customers .
No Doubt it will get worse now as they have added the mobile phone service
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .