cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish email problems

SJA

Madasafish email problems

When can I expect a resolution to the email problems caused by the 'final migration of madasafish' commenced w/e 14th March?
I no longer receive emails and, not only does my husband's domain name no longer function, but his mailbox was completely emptied and he lost everything
Telephoning and registering a ticket fails to elicit an answer or a resolution to the problem.
During the last 2 weeks, I've telephoned and spent an inordinate amount of money hanging on whilst the problem was not sorted; been promised twice that someone would telephone me - they did not; been told that the problem had now been resolved when it had not; logged a comment under my 'open ticket' and had no reply!
My frustration levels are off the scale due to poor communication and the apparent incompetence of managing this migration.
Madasafish was rightly an award winning provider with a service one could rely on and, in the past I have recommended it to friends and colleagues, but the inability of Plusnet to keep customers informed serves only to taint this reputation.
Yours
A 'fed up' user
16 REPLIES 16
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Madasafish email problems

Sorry about the problems you're having. I'll take a look at this now for you...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK, have taken a quick look and it's not immediately clear where the problem lies. Is it just the dave@ domain mailbox you're having difficulties with? If so then i'll focus my concentration on this. It may not be until tomorrow that you hear back from me though...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

SJA

No, this is not the only problem.  I am not receiving any mail at my ic24.net email address - this also stopped on 14th March.  I can only access them using webmail and this is not acceptable as I need to use Outlook Express facilities.
Thanks
adie:quote
SJA

It is now over  2 weeks since my husband and I have been deprived of the ability to receive emails.  We have discovered that we can both send emails, but this one way traffic is not much use, neither does it offer much comfort.
No matter who I contact regarding our problem, nothing happens and no-one gets back to us regarding what the problem is, why we have been deprived of this facility (for which we are paying) and more importantly when the issue will be resolved.
Yours
A very disgruntled customer
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've currently got a ticket raised to myself on your account to look into this. I think I know what address I'm looking at now however can you drop me a quick PM detailing what you think is broken and I'll do my best to help?
Edit: Having looked in a bit more detail, you seem to be subject to problem 55760 that I've been discussing with one of our developers today. It stems from the fact that when we originally migrated your account into the Plusnet systems we migrated the child account instead of the master account. That's why you had the confusion with your passwords etc. changing a while back. As soon as I know what we can do to fix these accounts I'll get back to you, although the situation is massively complex. There are about 60 customers in the same boat as you I'm afraid Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

SJA

Thank you for the information. My thoughts are:-
1.  What is different about the accounts of approximately 60 customers?
2.  My husband only lost the ability to access his emails, via his domain name, several days after that fateful weekend (14th/15th March) - what was done to the system around Wednesday 18th /Thursday 19th March?
3.  During the time I've had my email account it has been taken over / merged approximately 5 times and this is the only occasion when I've noticed the difference as a consumer.  First in Autumn '08 there were problems with my password and now this very frustrating issue. The simple question is ............. why the difference?
Regards
SJA
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: SJA
Thank you for the information. My thoughts are:-
1.  What is different about the accounts of approximately 60 customers?

They are accounts that share a legacy 'parent/child' relationship which is not supported by our systems and hadn't been for a while prior to our acquisition of Brightview. Due to inaccurate database records/migration information, the account your email is attached to was not migrated across to the Plusnet systems. Despite this, some of the database entries remained in the Brightview systems which allowed your email to continue working. We've now moved Webmail/IMAP authentication and email storage across to the Plusnet mail platform. This is reliant on the migration data we had for your account being accurate back in July last year (which we're now finding out it wasn't).
2.  My husband only lost the ability to access his emails, via his domain name, several days after that fateful weekend (14th/15th March) - what was done to the system around Wednesday 18th /Thursday 19th March?

A number of fixes were introduced to resolve problems that arose following the migration. It's possible that one of these had an undesired affect on your accounts.
3.  During the time I've had my email account it has been taken over / merged approximately 5 times and this is the only occasion when I've noticed the difference as a consumer.  First in Autumn '08 there were problems with my password and now this very frustrating issue. The simple question is ............. why the difference?

As I've mentioned, the problem is really quite complex. If you like I don't mind trying to get a technical explanation for you but it probably won't make much sense without a pretty detailed knowledge of how all the various back-end systems and databases interact Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

snookie
Dabbler

Seems like there are still issues with Madasafish customers e-mail as things are not running smoothly ... I have two mailboxes as a Madasafish customer, one with care4free.net and one with totalserve.co.uk when checking my messages today Outlook Express threw up an error message on the first attempt
"Socket error #10051    Network is unreachable"        Shocked
Second attempt to receive mail things ran smoothly.
Surely this should not be happening and there must still be technical issues to resolve your end?!!!!
SJA

Hooray!  After 24 days of not being able to receive emails they have just come flooding in.  Hopefully this will now be the status quo.
What is the situation with regard to my husband's domain name?  This still does not function.
Regards
SJA
SJA

It would seem that one cannot have one's cake and eat it! 
Yes, I can now access my emails via Outlook Express however, they no longer appear in Webmail.  So, if I am away from home I cannot view any messages ...........................................................!
SJA
janicecarrera

I have been having terrible problems with my email account. I like to use Outlook Express. I work internationally so have many mails from around the world. People are telling me I haven't been responding to their mails sent from approximately mid March , but I haven't received them! Some say they are only just receiving messages that I sent to them at the beginning of March. Others, their emails are being bounced back as undeliverable. These mainly have been to secondary email accounts that I have set up on Outlook Express, but are important as I do not wish to use my main Globalnet address with these people
On checking my webmail account I have found all the settings I set up regarding blocked users Spam etc have all disappeared and there are no messages in the box so I cannot check my messages whilst away from home.
I have three accounts Care4free, Globalnet and Madasafish - all have had problems, I've just had 2 or 3 messages on care4free which were sent some time ago!
On the weekend of the change over I just gave up, I couldn't use the internet for a couple of days, I was having error reports saying I wasn't connected to the internet.
The service has been far from satisfactory for the past month Angry
madasacustomer

I have joined this forum to try and get my email problem resolved, which like others has been ongoing since the fateful weekend of 14th March and the "upgrade". I have been communicating with Madasafish suport by email for nearly three weeks now and I am nowhere near getting any satisfaction. I use webmail and stay logged in continuously, which was never a problem. I now find that I am lucky to stay logged in for 10 minutes. I have received several suggestions from Madasafish support which I presume is in some far flung corner of the globe which are attempting to fix my symptom as oppsed to the root cause which is associated with the "upgrade". If Bob Pullen or anyone else who is actually working on the system gets to read this I am more than happy to spend some time assisting to fix the root cause for all of our benefits. Over the last weekend I actually stayed logged in for 3 days but normal service has resumed again this week. I guess your front end is running out of puff following some form of SPAM reduction that has been implemented, no SPAM in folder anymore. I await some feedback.
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@madasacustomer
That certainly sounds like a very odd one, I've tried logging in to my webmail and staying logged in for a few hours without any problems at all using Firefox and IE7. I don't have IE6 installed anywhere to test.
We haven't had any other complaints of this nature, and I'm not sure that it is related to the work over the weekend of the 14th March otherwise we would have received more examples of this.
I'd suggest trying an alternate browser as this will help to eliminate one possible cause, it may also be worthwhile clearing the webmail.madasafish.com cookies out before you log back in to see if this helps.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: janicecarrera
I have been having terrible problems with my email account. I like to use Outlook Express. I work internationally so have many mails from around the world. People are telling me I haven't been responding to their mails sent from approximately mid March , but I haven't received them!

Are the emails bouncing?
Some say they are only just receiving messages that I sent to them at the beginning of March.

This doesn't make much sense to me if I'm honest. We haven't had any problems with our outbound relay servers and the mail queued on them is never any older than a week or so Undecided
Others, their emails are being bounced back as undeliverable. These mainly have been to secondary email accounts that I have set up on Outlook Express, but are important as I do not wish to use my main Globalnet address with these people

Have you raised a ticket about your problems? If you have then can you provide me with the Ticket reference?
On checking my webmail account I have found all the settings I set up regarding blocked users Spam etc have all disappeared and there are no messages in the box so I cannot check my messages whilst away from home.

We should be able to restore these for you but you'd need to let us know which email address you want your message filters restoring for.
I have three accounts Care4free, Globalnet and Madasafish - all have had problems, I've just had 2 or 3 messages on care4free which were sent some time ago!

There shouldn't be any email delays at the moment but I'd be happy to look into things if you're able to provide the full message headers (probably best to PM me with those).
On the weekend of the change over I just gave up, I couldn't use the internet for a couple of days, I was having error reports saying I wasn't connected to the internet.
The service has been far from satisfactory for the past month Angry

I can't really comment on the Internet connectivity aspect without knowing more about it. It definitely won't be related to the email issues.
Quote from: SJA
It would seem that one cannot have one's cake and eat it! 
Yes, I can now access my emails via Outlook Express however, they no longer appear in Webmail.  So, if I am away from home I cannot view any messages

I've a ticket raised to myself on your account so I'll send that back to you with an update when I get a spare minute. Your account is not in a very healthy state though and we've had to make some pretty nasty back-end changes to get the POP3 side of things working again (you're one of about 60 customers in the same boat). If you need to access your messages via the web then try using Mail2Web as that uses POP3. Your username for logging into Mail2Web will be in the format <username>@mail.ic24.net
How would you feel about moving everything across to a new Madasafish account if we can find a way to move your domain to? I'm of the opinion that this is the only true way we're going to able to avoid your account breaking again in the future Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team