cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Key

alegeek
Grafter

Mac Key

According to the person doing your Twitter support, nothing has been logged for my Mac Key request which is very disappointing considering how long I sat on hold waiting for someone.
Do I need to sit on on hold again or can someone sort this for me? I'm pretty annoyed considering I spent nearly 30 minutes to wait to speak to someone and don't really fancy doing it again!
11 REPLIES 11
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Mac Key

Hi theoddbot,
Speaking to Adam W who's been covering twitter today, he has asked if you're able to respond to him and he'll look into this matter for you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI the theoddbot I've just replied on Twitter I'm going to chase down that call tomorrow and arrange a call back from customer options in the meantime
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alegeek
Grafter

Thanks for your help, Sky had a problem with my order so have had to cancel it and I'll need to re-order.
Can you confirm if the Mac Key issued yesterday will still work when I re-order tomorrow or will I need it regenerating?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theoddbot,
This would very much depend on what stage of the order process it failed as it could well have invalidated the MAC code. Sky should be able to let you know about this and if another one is required you would just need to drop another call into the Customer Options Team to pick up a new one.
alegeek
Grafter

Thanks, possibly best to get it redone to be on the safe side.
Could a new one be added to ticket 89547117, I don't really have any faith in the phone people to sort one after my last experience.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi theoddbot,
Unfortunately MAC codes don't work that way, if the initial one is valid, the request for another one will fail until the initial one either expires or is used (successfully or not) which is why it would be best to check with Sky and see if they're still able to use it.
If you do require anything MAC code then you would need to contact the Customer Options Team direct on 0800 013 2632
alegeek
Grafter

Thanks for your time Adam, I gave Sky the Mac Key and at this time everything seems fine.
Have a good day Smiley
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you theoddbot,
Let us know if you run into any problems and how you get on with it.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: Adam
...the request for another one will fail until the initial one either expires or is used (successfully or not).

Hi Adam,
Is this a recent change in BTOR processes?  It's not so long ago that people were reporting that (in bound) a failed order using a MAC had to wait for the 30 day validity to expire before a replacement MAC could be issued, even though BTOR's systems know the MAC is used and dead.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kevin,
This is certainly my understanding from a COT background where a new MAC code would be issued if the previous one failed due to a problem in the ordering process of the gaining ISP.
I'll double check with our provisioning aficionados just to make sure though  Wink
alegeek
Grafter

My Fibre has successfully moved over, goodbye Plusnet.