cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC only Monday - Friday

keithaf

MAC only Monday - Friday

Plus.net, it's this lack of attitude to service that just makes me even more determined to leave you when I can get a great offer elsewhere.
Whatever you say to me now on Monday won't be good enough to make me stay. Unless you can cut my annual cost by £296 a year - you've got no hope!
What a great way to piss people off by not putting people on the phones.
15 REPLIES 15
dustymil59
Grafter

Re: MAC only Monday - Friday

Keith,
Please be aware that I stake claim to position No1 for MAC codes on Monday morning.
Trust me, I've had all the discounts, but they're of no use if the system they discount doesn't work in the first place.
See you there, Number 2  Grin
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Be prepared for a frustrating phone call on Monday as plusnet make it as difficult as possibly to get a mac code.......
They will ask you for passwords, bank account details including your sort code and your inside leg measurement and what you had for breakfast last Tuesday.....
After arguing with them I managed to get away with giving partial password and sort code info.......no way was I prepared to give all those details over the phone as anyone could be listening.....
plusnets argument is that they need to know who you are as its the cancellation department, well other ISP's let you get a mac code via the members webpage or portal which seems to work ok, also requesting a mac code is nowwhere near the same as cancelling your account......plusnets argument just doesn't stack up......
Its a clear tactic to make it hard as possible to get a mac code....... 
Apprentice
Grafter

If they are happy enough for folk to sign up to their service online then they should be more than happy for their paying customers to use their online portal/account page for a MAC request.
You might think it's still part of the "old" Plusnet attitude of some years ago that they want to make it as awkward as possible for any customer to obtain a MAC.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Totally agree....
dick:quote
James
Grafter

Quote from: dogwhisperer
They will ask you for passwords, bank account details including your sort code and your inside leg measurement and what you had for breakfast last Tuesday.....

I'd like to point out that that is our standard procedure for getting a customer to prove that they are the owner of their account if they're unable to confirm their username and the last 2 or first 2 characters of their password.
If that's not been the case, then I'm sincerely sorry.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

You can easily avoid that James by setting it up so people can get their mac code from the members page........
keithaf

Quote from: Jameseh

I'd like to point out that that is our standard procedure for getting a customer to prove that they are the owner of their account if they're unable to confirm their username and the last 2 or first 2 characters of their password.
If that's not been the case, then I'm sincerely sorry.

It would also appear after my issues with your email contact this week, that you also make it difficult for people to migrate to another supplier. I am moving my service to TalkTalk and you sent me an email to say that my phone service is transferring and that my broadband is unaffected.
This is wrong as I'm moving everything and I already have a go live date from a company that has told me they don't need a Mac as they handle this all with you.
Today I received contact from you to tell me that I'm ceasing my line at a cost of £25 which isn't mentioned in your migrating terms and is in effect totally wrong as I'm migrating.
Your organisation simply hasn't got a clue and all this has done is enforce why I need to move!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
It sounds like you're being moved to LLU service with Talk Talk. This is why they don't need a MAC, and means you're not migrating your broadband service, but are in effect ceasing the broadband and the line.
They have to notify us about the transfer of the phone, and we in turn notify you, you'd be surprised how many customers don't request the transfer and our email is the first they know about it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Mand
you'd be surprised how many customers don't request the transfer and our email is the first they know about it.

Nothing surprises me about that bunch of charlatans!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
win7xp
Grafter

I sincerely hope you never have to deal with Talk Talk customer service.
Good Luck Sad
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and you think PN's billing is bad, a lot of people are charged months after being asked to change with TT
Lurker
Grafter

You can easily avoid that James by setting it up so people can get their mac code from the members page........

^This^
I understand that you want to speak to people in case there is a problem you can solve, but in some instances people just want out (for whatever reason - good and bad)
Giving people the opportunity to request a MAC code does not prevent you from being able to capture a free-text reason for somebody wishing to leave.
Your retentions team can then make an offline decision as to whether they should make/offer contact to see if something can be sorted.
It needn't be black and white - a dark shade of grey would alleviate a little difficulty and frustration for some folks.
keithaf

Quote from: win7xp
I sincerely hope you never have to deal with Talk Talk customer service.
Good Luck Sad

Actually Talk Talk customer services has been brilliant and I've heard nothing but good news about them in my area. In contrast the difficulties I have had leaving Plus.net are just astounding.
And to top it off someone from plus.net keeps calling the address of another account that my partner has - asking for me! So they clearly have no idea about the Data Protection Act either.
Plus.net should think themselves lucky that at the moment we're not planning on closing that account too because the way they have handled me, simply because I want to move, is appalling. We have a choice - plus.net or any other supplier don't have a god-given right to retain customers whether they think they offer value for money or not.
And again I reiterate, if plus.net had been able to match Talk Talk's offer then I may have stayed and none of this would even be apparent. But they couldn't so it has. All in all though, it's made me determined never to come back to plus.net or recommend them as I had done in the past.
itsme
Grafter

How are PN breaching the Data Protection Act?