cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Key

Urien
Dabbler

MAC Key

Why can't I get a MAC Key on-line? Why do I have to write or phone? What's the point of having a computer?  Angry
8 REPLIES 8
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: MAC Key

They want you to phone so that they can try and persuade you to stay.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Urien
What's the point of having a computer?  Angry

There isn't one.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Santiago
Grafter

You could call plusnet on broadband voip, then you could use your computer
Urien
Dabbler

Quote from: chillypenguin
They want you to phone so that they can try and persuade you to stay.

Fat chance of that.  Angry
After a few months with PlusNet I started getting slow download speeds (330kbps). When I queried it they said "it must be internal wiring". I'd been getting 2.8Mb with Tiscali so I knew that was a load of tosh. When I asked for a MAC Key my speeds shot up to 2.8MB!!! After it expired it crept back down. Now, after 18 months I'm getting speeds as low as 330kbps again!!! 
Santiago
Grafter

So why do you think it's plusnets fault?
Urien
Dabbler

Quote from: Urien
Why can't I get a MAC Key on-line? Why do I have to write or phone? What's the point of having a computer?  Angry

They'll e-mail the MAC Code to me so what's problem?
Their terms and conditions have altered since I started with them, eighteen months ago. I had e-mails saying they had been imposed upon them by their owners, BT. Yet  someone from PlusNet on Sheffield Forum says they're completely independent of BT.
They also boast that they're a local company with a local call-centre yet, only last week, I had to call their billing department which is based in South Africa!

Not applicable

Yet  someone from PlusNet on Sheffield Forum says they're completely independent of BT.

I suppose it's a bit like when your kids go off to university or other destination - they are independent but still have the influence of mum and dad.
However, about your problem - I agree, it doesn't seem right, especially as they should be able to verify the request as you have logged in to the member centre via username and password. Maybe someone will see this from PlusNet and let us all know why this is the case.
In respect of your speed problem, you will find a fair bit of help and support on here if you want to follow it through.
Whatever happens, hope that you get sorted.
Urien
Dabbler

Quote from: poppy
Whatever happens, hope that you get sorted.

Thank you Poppy.
I have just written to PlusNet to request a MAC Code - I'll soon be moving on.