cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Codes and Debt Collection Agencies..........

Richb600

MAC Codes and Debt Collection Agencies..........

After being totally dis- illusioned with Plusnet I requested a MAC code...we then entered into a conversation about how you can't cancel the service if there is an outstanding ticket... and would be billed for the rest of the contract period.......I explained that if my service had worked from day 1  and not day 14 we wouldn't be having this conversation......after telling the operative that I would not pay.....I was advised(?) that my account would be passed to a Debt Collection agency who would add 20% for their trouble.....it was just the way the Debt Collection agency was added in to the conversation........suggests that this is a regular occurence.......Do Plusnet run a Debt Collection agency as well...????
Hypothetical Scenario.......service provider with fancy Website offering great deals........... signs up unsuspecting customer.........poor service/fault ticket.....customer request MAC code and refuses to pay for apparent breach of contract......service provider passes details to Debt Collection Agency....and so on.....there could be more money in this than running a decent service.....
now where I am in this ?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: MAC Codes and Debt Collection Agencies..........

Well PN's contract period is only 10 days, so your not going to be billed for 12/18months of out standing sub's.
The only charges they can place on you is if you cancel your broadband with out using a mac then BTw will charge i think £30 and inturn PN pass this on, also if you took the free router and now leaving within 12 months then you will be billed for that to.
i doubt its a regular occurence unless customers refuse to pay legit bills. Am sure mand or one of the other regular PN staff will pick this up and hand out any warnings to the csc staff agent if they did deal with you in a under hand way
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

and would be billed for the rest of the contract period.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the contract period was now only 10 days on BB products, ok so you MIGHT have to pay any deferred charges for router and setup.
Ending the service
  19. Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 10 days' written notice, unless the service terms say otherwise. We can stop providing the service by giving you 10 days' written notice.
  20. If we are told to stop providing the service by someone other than you, we will immediately email you, asking you to confirm that this is what you want. If we don't hear from you within 10 days we will stop providing your service 10 days later.
  21. If you ask us to end the service within your first 12 months with Plusnet , you may be liable to pay charges relating to the set-up of your service and for hardware we have provided. Please refer to the product price guide and separate product service terms for more information.
  22. If you or we end the agreement for the service, we will pay back to you any money we owe you relating to that agreement. We will first take off any money you owe us under that agreement or any other agreement between us.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

or is the multi poster on a business contract which is still 18 month?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
We don't run a debt collection agency, but we do use one where we have tried and failed to recover costs outstanding.
Your contract has a 10 day notice period, so no further subscription payments are due, but you do have deferred costs, which would need to be paid if you left before the 12 month deferred contract is complete.