cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC CODE = £421.94 Bill

mathewrennie
Dabbler

MAC CODE = £421.94 Bill

I thought I would warn anyone who is trying to leave plusnet that do so at your own risk.
I got a nice bill attached to my MAC request  Totaling £421.94....!!  Yep nearly half a grand!
Is this how low plusnet are getting when it comes to a client trying to switch provider?
I won't go into any detail on here, but I'm astonished at the level of service a ONCE great provider are now offering, seriously looks as though BT are starting to pull the strings around in the Plusnet office... SHAME REAL SHAME.!
19 REPLIES 19
Spider
Grafter

Re: MAC CODE = £421.94 Bill

Which product are you on?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you just changed to one of the new programs with the high contract length, because the length of time you have been a member you should only be on one one month notice, if so dont blame PN
mathewrennie
Dabbler

I was originally on Pro 15GB Cap, Changed to Unlimited, but since this have had broadband slower than dial-up.  All in all though I've had a really bad service with Plusnet and as such leaving. 
Oh and to the new reply "Who said I was blaming PN????"  This is the problem with todays society always assuming..!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

When you changed to unlimited you accepted a new 12 month contract unless you also wanted free house move or router in which case it was 18 months
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: mathewrennie
I got a nice bill attached to my MAC request 

That sound very odd, a MAC request is just that, it doesn't do anything unless you use it.
Is there some more detail that you should be sharing to help us understand?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From memory a response to a MAC request identifies the costs should you use it for obvious reasons
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Changed to Unlimited

Well what IS the problem? You KNEW you were committing to an 18 month contract then.
Any supplier you have an nn month contract with and want out quickly will charge you, try buying a phone on contract and saying sorry I don't want it any more, they will chase you for the outstanding bill.
The contracts had the t&c laid out in black and white, no one forced you into a contract, or if they did then you may have a case Grin
I am switching to unlimited as of midnight and I AM fully aware of the "risks" I am taking, <rant on>  but having moved here from enta I find the plusnet OPENNESS over the EXPECTED speeds to be spot on so far. I left them 5 years ago when they had the "we have a limit but we aren't going to tell you" regime in place, now I know to expect bub 20K on p2p from 18:00-0:00 FINE much better than 100K ALL THE TIME on off peak. <rant off>
my 2p's worth
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: biker955
Well what IS the problem?

Arithmetic somewhere maybe?
18 months divided into £421.94 = £23.44 which is more than any current PN domestic product.
Is it a business service you are on?
The unlimited package is £12 for 3 months then £20 (for max 15) so is at most £336.
As I said before: "Is there some more detail that you should be sharing to help us understand?"
scootie
Grafter

I was originally on Pro 15GB Cap, Changed to Unlimited, but since this have had broadband slower than dial-up.  All in all though I've had a really bad service with Plusnet and as such leaving. 

are you meaning the rate caps on unlimited and your use to pro package or a complete slow down of every thing inclueding web browsing? if its the first did you realy thing you would have line rate on every thing on a plusnet unlimited package
As i switched from bbyw3 and suits me fine as i was allready use to setting p2p for overnight. unlimited even comes with an upside to p2p compared to bbyw and thats i can keep my p2p downloading at line rate till  12 thats midnight to midday now an extra 4 hours of p2p and no usage and fup to worry about.
sry bud you only have your self to blame for signing the contract then expecting to leave straight away scot free and i didnt need this thread to inform me of the costs of breaking the contract as they where told to me over the phone and in writing that the remaining contract period would need to be payed off
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Plusnet has given gave assurances that anyone transferring from an old product (monthly contract) on to a new product (12-18 month contract) who was dissatisified would  be moved back to their original product if they requested it within one month of transferring.
See Reply #1138 & #1139 in
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74056.1139.html
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It seems to me someone didn't read the small print or perhaps the traffic shaping, but alanf's response is probably the most significant to note.
(Also don't forget that 'bill' will include any deferred charges that most of you who got your calculators out seem to have forgotten).
The OP talked about BB slower than dialup, well is that a problem with the line? - which of course they will take with them when they move. Or, is it simply because you are doing the wrong things at the wrong time of day. (I'm ignoring the assorted network issues that seem to have arisen recently, hopefully all of which will be resolved soon).
..........I won't go into any detail on here, but I'm astonished at the level of service a ONCE great provider are now offering, seriously looks as though BT are starting to pull the strings around in the Plusnet office... SHAME REAL SHAME.!

Well I think you should go into detail to help us understand if there is a real problem or perhaps a simple error that may be resolvable.
Most of us aren't happy about the 'BT' influence, but the 'level of service' we are used to, still seems to exist.
[cynicmode] That may not continue of course [/cynicmode]
[hidemode]
mathewrennie
Dabbler

Ok this is far better:
I got a message today saying that my final bill is £97.81  and not £421.94.  Big difference, what has been said is totally correct, and I understand contract, I myself am a business man, and the very first thing I do is read the small text.
I think plusnet forgot about their own terms which stats that if you switch to unlimited from another package you are more than welcome to switch back within a month and not be tied into the 18 month contract.  This is what happened here, and why the bill was for such a high amount perviously.
I'm glad someone in the plusnet office noticed this and as such has reworked the final bill, I must thank this person for this.
James
Grafter

Being able to move back to your previous product itself is not a clause in the terms and conditions.  It's an internal guideline, which of course should be followed.
You are of course more than welcome to do so - If you'd like me to do so for you, please just let me know.
The cancellation charge that you were originally quoted was actually correct.  It was a combination of deferred charges and contract settlement fees on an 18 month contract, however, I can see that you are now back on the Pro product and you'll be billed monthly.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Reading through the above I am a little confused...
If mathewrennie has moved back to his original package then, surely, he would not be getting an adjusted final bill £97.81.?
Yet james has said the original quote was correct and indicates that the OP hasn't yet moved back therefore implying that he would still be charged the £421.94 if he continues to leave.
Have I missed something here?  Huh
Thinking about it - has the OP switched back and still leaving giving him a lower final bill?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still