cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAAF transfer

MAAFuser

MAAF transfer

I tried twice this week to transfer from the closed MAAF service. I spoke to one customer service adviser early this week that was offering a.good deal. He said the details.of the offer were logged on their system. I rang back and got a different advisor.no details logged. The second plusnet advisor kept forgetting the information I repeatly gave him. He kept.trying to get me to take line rental even though I don't what this. He would not pass me on to his manager as per my request. I have been a MAAF customer for 10 years. I would be interested to hear how other transfers went. This was my first interaction with Plusnet and it was a.poor experience 😞
2 REPLIES 2
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: MAAF transfer

I was involved in a transfer from MAAF to Plusnet. It was a nightmare. The "migration" team offered a Plusnet product that did not match the MAAF one previously provided and which did not meet the customer's needs. The transfer did not take place on schedule which was fortunate as it was only after the transfer was due to take place the issues were discovered and the correct product was ordered. Different contacts gave different answers. etc. After transferring to Plusnet direct debits were taken for both the Plusnet and MAAF services.
This was soon after the closure of MAAF broadband was announced and there were many complaints on these forums about such issues at that time. There has been few mentions more recently so I assumed Plusnet got its act together. Perhaps not.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143839.0/topicseen.html
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: MAAF transfer

I helped someone move from MAAF to plusnet, they were with BT for the phone and MAAF for internet with a legacy @totalise email address
They were on a legacy BT voice deal, paying for phone equipment rental, paper billing, and 1571
the internet side of things was on a legacy totalise account with a limit of 5GB per month usage and god knows what per GB if they went over, which unsurprisingly was often ( usually costing an additional £10-£20/month )
The key critera is that the person wanted to keep their @totalise email address
So prices were worked out, for staying as is with the phone, or moving the whole lot over to plusnet and paying for justmail, or losing the email and moving to another provider such as talk talk.
In the end the whole lot was moved to plusnet with no problems for a significantly lower monthly cost than MAAF (5GB) and BT voice ( with free weekend 01/02 calls)
they are now on
plusnet anytime calls plusnet unlimited internet (adsl) and justmail for the @totalise account and all is working well.
Line rental saver from plusnet is not worth signing up for as the saving is for want of a better word insulting
However the information has been at best confusing and at times contradictory, especially for someone that isnt that internet savy. This wasn't helped by a further email from madasafish about the justmail account having a broadband speed, see below

This email is to confirm that your account change has completed.
Your new account type: Madasafish Justmail
Estimated speed: Mbps
Broadband speed
As part of our commitment to ensuring our broadband is both easy to
use and understand,
we've signed up to Ofcom's voluntary code of practice for broadband speeds -
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/copbb/
This means that, as well as finding out your estimated broadband speed
before you order, you can also check your actual broadband speed at any
time.
To view both your estimated and actual broadband speed, just go to
ttps://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/internet/

If you have any questions, use Contact Us to get in touch:
http://www.madasafish.com/contact/

queue Questions along the lines of "ive just been signed back up to mad as a fish - i thought they were closing????  are plusnet closing down as well?  should i phone talk talk?