cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAAF to +Net migration a complete mess

bogbf

MAAF to +Net migration a complete mess

Is it just me?
Was a reasonably happy MAAF customer for over two years, but had the need for more than 5GB download. Decided to move to Be (wish I had now!) and contacted MAAF for a MAC code. They gave me on, but told me I was still 11.25 months into a 12 month contract, so would have to pay £40 to leave, or wait, or I could move to +Net "straight away" and (eventually) offered me an OK deal on Option 2.
And so I found myself on the slippery slope to dial up access. What happened was my +Net account was set up, and I was billed at the full rate, MAAF also billed  me for this month (They say that have refunded me, but I'm yet to see the money). A few days later my Broadband went down. +Net support ask me to test my equipment and call back. When I call back I'm told, that MAAF but a cease on my line, sorry about that you will now be down for a week. I was offered next month's BB for free as compensation.
One week passes and I get a message telling me BB is back - except it's not. Call support and they run some tests. They can't find any faults and have "escalated to supplier, please note they may take 24-72 hours to respond”. (But now I have “free” access to dial up, while the fault persists.)
This leave me heading into the weekend having paid both MAAF and +Net for access this month, but no idea when I will actually will have access again….
Thoughts on who to contact or how to move this on would be gratefully received.
Brendan.
14 REPLIES 14
James
Grafter

Re: MAAF to +Net migration a complete mess

Hi Brendan,
Thanks for your time just now.
As I explained, there were some issues with your initial provision, which has now resulted in a fault being present on your telephone line.
I'll get your fault passed back to BT and I hope to hear back from them later on today at which point I'll give you another ring.
I'm really very sorry for all the hassle that something that should be relatively simple, has caused you.
bogbf

Update:
The BT engineer went to the exchange this morning. He called me to say than somone had pulled the BB cable off my phone line in the exchange. Said he had no idea why this was done.
At least that bit is sorted out now...
Credit to James for taking some ownership of my problem. Always helps when the customer (me) feels like there is somone else who cares.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Thanks for letting us know.
At least it was an easy fix!
jazz
Grafter

@bobgf  - I can understand your frustration at the a mix up that was not your fault and should not have happened.  However the fact that there was a Person at Plusnet that took ownership of the problem and set out to get it sorted is the kind of customer service backup that I value and I'm glad it did the job for you.  I hate dealing with "anonymous folk" in companies who don't seem at all interested.  The different attitude in Plusnet is one of their big advantages and one of the reasons that i stick with them and recommend them to others.
bertb
Grafter

Hi all. I thought it was just me ref migrating from MAAF to +net with problems. Same scenario, 'cept I am going down in usage. Started process on phone 2nd November. I am now signed up to both MAAF and +net as PAYG but am still on BB, who knows what I am paying and to who.
After 12 emails no nearer knowing when(if?) I will be on +net Option 1. It started so well, very helpful phone contact etc.
Think I might get MAC from MAAF and go elsewhere.  Embarrassed

Bertb
petejackson
Grafter

Emails not tickets Bert?  Sorry to hear you're not getting where you need to be.  I'll ask someone in my team to look into your case and report back with where we're up to.
bertb
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Emails not tickets Bert?  Sorry to hear you're not getting where you need to be.  I'll ask someone in my team to look into your case and report back with where we're up to.

What are tickets?
I am getting emails that answer questions I have not asked. I.E. (Or should that be E.G?) <The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr Barnes,
I am passing this to the correct department for you.
[Internal] Please action EU's migration between brands. Thanks.
Kind regards,
link:CSA removed
Or even more cryptic:We are unable to answer your Question [ 26911315 ] at the moment. The Support Team will keep the Question open, and will provide an update as soon as possible.
The following comment has been added to the Question:
Dear Mr Barnes,
Please look into this
Regards,
Bert Barnes
cp:red Customer service agents name removed as per link:rules mod:end
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bertb,
Apologies for the delay on this - basically we just need to get some payment details from you on the Plusnet account and then we can upgrade it to broadband for you.
The order to add the Plusnet login to your line has already completed so we just need to upgrade your dial account and then you'll be able to switch (though don't worry - you can still connect on the Madasafish account, that's how you're connected at the moment).
I reckon the easiest way to sort this would be to get one of our support guys to give you a ring, I'll do that now. If you're not about drop me a PM when you are and I'll get back to you.
paulby
Grafter

What are tickets?

Tickets are the way Plusnet deals with support questions - either from you if you have a problem, or generated internally. 
You can see a complete audit trail of all the activity from bills raised, product changes, to faults raised etc. on the ticketing system.
Each time a member of Plusnet staff responds to a ticket or adds information to it (if it's a "question" either internally generated or generated by you) you'll be e-mailed a notification which will also contain the response (that's what you've been seeing).
If you log into the member Centre and go to Help and Support then click on My Questions you'll get to the page with the tickets.  Any open tickets will be show automatically.  If you want to view any others, use the drop down or select a date range. If you follow this link, it'll take you staight there (you'll need to login)
If you need to raise a ticket - for example you have a fault or a query of some sort, you can go to the Help Assistant, again under Help and Support.
This page explains things.
bertb
Grafter

>What are tickets?<
>Tickets are the way Plusnet deals with support questions - either from you if you have a problem, or generated internally.<
Thanks for that. I understand the method of raising requests etc but they seem to be random in their  form and comments.
I think it may be on the way to being solved now, thanks to this forum.
Bertb
ps sorry for leaving originators name on last post.
chillypenguin
Grafter

No problem  Wink
James
Grafter

Hi Bertb,
I've got someone in our provisioning team chasing this now for you.
Apologies for the delays!
bertb
Grafter

"Hi Bertb,
I've got someone in our provisioning team chasing this now for you.
Apologies for the delays!"

Many thanks. After 1 phone call today everything is now online and working real good. D/L
speed 6.5Mb,(local exchange limit) I bet that changes!. Only outstanding concern is £40 charge that I'm assured will
be refunded.
Bert Barnes
James
Grafter

Yes, that refund has already been kicked off by a member of our staff.