cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty

flodden
Grafter

Loyalty

I have been a Plusnet customer for 4 years. I was on a 1yr loyalty contract on the Broadband Your Way Option 2 (Monthly Contract) with included 15GB bandwidth account for £9.49. This has now ended and I have been automatically put on a £14.65 subscription which is obviously not good value given that I now notice new customers are being offered 80GB usage for £11.99 per month.  I asked whether my loyalty entitled me to a better deal than I was on and I was told to go to the web site if I wanted to switch but was given no further advice. Is this anyway to treat a loyal customer ie treating me the same as a non customer?
52 REPLIES 52
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Loyalty

Specially one who doesn't read the small print
** - Plusnet Premium Broadband starts at £11.99 a month for the first 3 months. If you live in one of our low cost areas you'll then pay £15.99 a month thereafter. If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £19.99 a month thereafter.
flodden
Grafter

Doesn't really address the issue, which is loyal customers are not being given any incentive to stay with Plusnet. My reward for my loyalty is to now be charged the full price for a no longer competitive package. New customers are being offered a better deal as they are given potentially better download speeds and 80GB of usage compared to my 15GB.
Also what defines a 'low cost area'? Let me know as it saves me getting a magnifying glass to look it up. Cheers.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

From here http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop
At the bottom - Stuff you need to know
Eventually leads to here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ just put in your phone number
pierre_pierre
Grafter

look up your exchange here, http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php that will tell you.
Jim and I were both on BBYW 1 and changed to the new Value pack, when I moved I was just at the end of the £3 deal which was cheaper than the Value.

Edit Jim type quicker than me, but mine is only one step
Mand
Grafter

Hi there flodden,
Firstly I'm sorry about the response you got from the support team, they should at least advised you regarding product changes.
Looking at your account, a switch to Premium would give you better download speeds at peak times, for £15.99 after the first 3 months as you're in a low cost area.
flodden
Grafter

I dont want to switch to the £15.99 product as I dont need 80GB per month or want to pay more. I was happy on 15Gb for £9.49, but its not worth £14.65 which im now being charged after my loyalty deal ran out. Is it possible to re-negotiate this package price? Support told me to phone cancellations, but I can never get through to them even if I hold for 20mins! I dont really want to leave Plusnet but I'm being left little option.
If I switch to £5.99 I dont want to be tied for any period as I may find 10GB just a bit too little for my needs.
Mand
Grafter

Value gives you 14GB for £9.99 if that's any use? (10GB for £5.99 plus £4 for extra 4GB)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Flodden, there are no long contracts anymore - so you wouldn't be tied in, unless you took a router or free house move then you'd be liable for some costs, should you cancel.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
flodden
Grafter

Thanks for replies. If I move to Vaue £5.99 pack will I get the first month free as advertised for new customers on the web site?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

where does it say that?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: adiewoo
Flodden, there are no long contracts anymore - so you wouldn't be tied in, unless you took a router or free house move then you'd be liable for some costs, should you cancel.

I think this may be false - see http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/res_broadband_faq.shtml#setupOptions Cry

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is only for new customers - the OP has been a customer for 4  years.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It doesn't say so.
I'm planning a move from BBYW3 to premium as my £3 special offer has expired.
I don't know if the OP has free webspace on BBYW - but this can be transferred, FOC, provided you remind Plusnet.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Whether it says so or not - that is the situation.
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
Ending the service
 19. Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 10 days' written notice, unless the service terms say otherwise. We can stop providing the service by giving you 10 days' written notice.
 20. If you ask us to end the service within your first 12 months with Plusnet, you may be liable to pay charges relating to the set-up of your service and for any equipment or hardware we have provided. Please refer to the product price guide and separate product service terms for more information.