cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Bonuses for Existing Customers

bewin
Dabbler

Loyalty Bonuses for Existing Customers

Why is it that new customers who don’t have any service with Plusnet are rewarded with incentives such as 12 months half price broadband = new customers only, but what reward is there for existing customers who have much service and loyalty. Increasing Plusnet's customer base is important but what's being done to retain existing customers to stop them shopping around and switching to another ISP and becoming new customers? These new customers will probably leave Plusnet after 12 months to take up another ISP's discounted introductory price leaving the existing customers to pay for lost profit by way of increased future prices and feeling aggrieved and neglected.
For existing customers Plusnet should consider loyalty bonuses such as increased download allowances or reduced monthly prices or deleting the mandatory transfer of home phone to avoid the fibre installation fee? The referral scheme isn’t a loyalty bonus as the existing member has to do all the work in getting the new customer who’ll possibly get the half price introductory offer whereas the existing customer gets 25 pence which the new customer can also get if they refer someone too. True loyalty bonus would require a minimum membership period of at least 12 months and increasing with membership similar to No Claims Discount for cars. Having to phone Plusnet Options Team to try and negotiate a better deal or threaten to leave as people do with Sky TV or Virgin Media, isn’t acceptable as it creates constant unrest. Loyalty bonuses would also make exisiting customers less willing to switch to another ISP as their loyalty package could be difficult to duplicate.
7 REPLIES 7
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Loyalty Bonuses for Existing Customers

Loyalty rewards would be appreciated however even without them i will not be moving away from PN anytime soon as PN beat all the other ISPs I have been with when you need support.
Think it's a good idea with the increased download allowance etc. Maybe they could cover the install cost of fibre for those who have been with them for say over 3 years.
podman
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

PN will publicly offer loyalty bonuses if the numbers of existing users leaving rises to a point where it causes concern. In the meantime if you see a rival offer ring up for your MAC when, if you are a good loyal customer, you may be offered your own personalised loyalty bonus to stay!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've been here quite a while now but I don't consider myself loyal. It's a business isn't it. Offer me a better deal and make the move really easy to a provider who I can trust and I'll snap it up although I will take into account the whole package. Inertia does also play a part so the incentive to move has got to be really good.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Not really a bonus as such, but existing customers get to remain on their legacy packages (that aren't generally available to new customers) if they want.
Bascule
Grafter

I'm sure I can remember seeing a small notice, when I logged onto PlusNet some time ago, to the effect that I may be entitled to a higher usage allowance. I have since returned to try and find it but I can't see it anywhere! Have I missed a promotion? Was there perhaps a push to retain customers in the recent past? It was a small text link on one the pages I visited after logging on but I can't remember where and I'm blowed if I can find it again!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

There are a number of Options and not knowing what you are on I have no idea which is applicable
Value - 10GB
Extra - 60GB
Premium - 120GB and ordered by clicking on Extra Usage here https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
Costs are
We may be able to offer you some additional usage at a small cost. For a total monthly broadband cost of £15.99 in Market 3 areas or £19.99 in Markets 1 & 2
Bascule
Grafter

That's the one - many thanks! I'm on Extra - 60GB at the moment. I'll give it some thought. Busy family of 6, usage growing (up to around 40GB/month), and just got a YouView box so may need to think about an upgrade.