cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Use Option wanted.

running
Dabbler

Low Use Option wanted.

I am disappointed to see that Plusnet have dropped their Essential package as I had several people interested in it but still had part of their 12 month BT contract to run.
I live in a rural area and my local exchange is a Market 1 and I am sure it always will be. A lot of people that live round here are retired and I know they use, or will use, less than 1GB per month.
Could you introduce a low use package for us Market 1 areas. Say £6.75 per month for 1GB, minimum 12 months (Not 18 months) + a set up fee if not taken with Home Phone.
I am thinking about changing to Plusnet Value but, even though I have been with Plusnet ever since this area went broadband, over 3 years ago, I am concerned about the 18 month contract. Why should you impose this? And will I still have my free domain name?
I can’t fault the customer service but these new packages seem surrounded with if’s & but’s and to a non geek it’s not obvious what they are going to cost and what you are getting.

7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Low Use Option wanted.

Hi Running,
I can certainly pass on your suggestion to our Products and Marketing team.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

If the value package at £11.99 gives 10G allowance and it costs £2 for 2G then a 1G service should be £2.99 Smiley
Seriously, I have also mentioned this in the really long thread.
There is no longer a product to entice low usage customers onto Plusnet broadband from (say) dialup unless they are on a market 3 exchange and can take advantage of the £5.99 for ever offer.
A service at £6 a month giving 2Gto 4G allowance for market 1 & 2 exchanges would be handy.
RichSmol
Grafter

This idea has definitely been noted. Part of the problem, I think, is that there is simply not enough space to sell 4 products on the sales pages. To get a Value Lite product in there (and to make it fit around the other product rules) you'd probably need to remove the Pro product. We had planned to sell Pro experience as a bolt on (normal BB option but pay £x for Pro Experience 'under the hood') available through the signup pages and through the My Account pages but time didnt permit this piece of work to take place and we've since realised that the Pro experience bolt-on would require some further thought to get it right and to bring the true value of the proposal to the wider audience as 'premium broadband' can be a confusing thing to sell.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That must be the poorest excuse I've heard. When BBYW was introduced we had BBYW1, 2, 3, & 4. Now unless I can't count that's 4 products. BBYW4 was eventually dropped and along came PN Essential. Now 4-1+1 =4, still 4 products (unless Maths has changed since I did my 'O' levels).  Roll_eyes And that's without the Pro add-on.  Angry
...............but time didnt permit this piece of work to take place and we've since realised that the Pro experience bolt-on would require some further though..............
In other words it was a total *-up.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Correction - there were 5 BBYW products on sale the day before the refresh: 1, 2, 3, Essential and Pro which was a separate product in it's own right. Plus of course the Max Premium add-on.
I agree with you - it's the most pathetic excuse ever! Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Rich
This idea has definitely been noted. Part of the problem, I think, is that there is simply not enough space to sell 4 products on the sales pages. To get a Value Lite product in there (and to make it fit around the other product rules) you'd probably need to remove the Pro product.

[McEnroe]You cannot be serious![/McEnroe]
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I stand corrected John, that's what I meant to say Embarrassed I was in too much of a rush to go off and do something a bit more constructive  Wink