cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Services By Upgrading

hrcolchester

Losing Services By Upgrading

Hello
We are a charity that has a business account (becuase we have a business line).
We are currently on teleworker business and wanted to 'upgrade to 'Option 1'  to lower our costs.
There is one point which doesn't make sense.  On our current account we get a free donmain name (going back to the day when plusnet somehow released many email addresses, and by way of compensation, all affected users were allocated a free domain whilst they stayed with plusnet - you may remember 🙂 )
We aslo have VOIP included minutes.
We have been told in ticket #44935707 that we will lose these 'extras' becuase we are starting a new contract.  Come on plusnet, this doesn't seem right - and has not been the case on my home account which I also 'upgraded' to a new product'
Can someone take a look please....
Thanks, Mark
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Losing Services By Upgrading

Hi there,
Some of our business packages include free domain renewal and some don't I'm afraid. To clarify, if you were to change to option one you can still host up to 3 domains for free but renewal would need to be paid, please note that you are free to host your domain with who ever you like and can point it to the free hosting with us.
As I think we mentioned on the ticket, assuming its a .co.uk domain if you were to renew that with us its £52.88 every two years. Also I'd recommend that you look at our sister company just the name to see if any of their domain hosting packages could save you some money: http://www.just-the-name.co.uk/url-masking.shtml

With regards to VOIP you'd still get 240 minutes included on option 1.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Adam,
It sounds like the OP is referrring to the 'free domain' offered in the light of the email chaos back in 2007.
I understood this 'free domain' was free to renew as long as you retained ANY PlusNet broadband account.
http://www.plus.net/support/domains_and_dns/free_domain_faq.shtml#1
12. What are the Terms of the Offer?
  1. This is an optional offer to claim a free domain. You do not have to accept this and no changes will be made to any existing PlusNet domains which you may have.
  2. Only 1 free .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk domain name is available per PlusNet customer account.
  3. The free domain is not available to PlusNet customers who have free accounts.
  4. The domain will remain free of charge to you as long as you remain a PlusNet broadband or subscription dial-up customer.
  5. After you have registered for a free domain we will automatically renew this for you every 2 years at no charge.
  6. In order to prevent abuse of the offer, a charge of £5.99 will be applied if you wish to transfer the free domain to another supplier within 12 months of initial registration. This price represents the wholesale cost of the domain and will only apply if the domain is transferred away from PlusNet. It will not be applied if you cancel your account or the domain name at a later date.
  7. Out of courtesy, please only register the free domain if you intend to use it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I didn't gleam that from the OP's post. In light of that we need to honour this so I'll make sure the domain is renewed for free.
I apologise for you being misinformed, it just seems that the chap who answered you joined the company well after '07
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dev
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: MisterW
Adam,
It sounds like the OP is referrring to the 'free domain' offered in the light of the email chaos back in 2007.
I understood this 'free domain' was free to renew as long as you retained ANY PlusNet broadband account.
http://www.plus.net/support/domains_and_dns/free_domain_faq.shtml#1
12. What are the Terms of the Offer?
   1. This is an optional offer to claim a free domain. You do not have to accept this and no changes will be made to any existing PlusNet domains which you may have.
   2. Only 1 free .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk domain name is available per PlusNet customer account.
   3. The free domain is not available to PlusNet customers who have free accounts.
   4. The domain will remain free of charge to you as long as you remain a PlusNet broadband or subscription dial-up customer.
   5. After you have registered for a free domain we will automatically renew this for you every 2 years at no charge.
   6. In order to prevent abuse of the offer, a charge of £5.99 will be applied if you wish to transfer the free domain to another supplier within 12 months of initial registration. This price represents the wholesale cost of the domain and will only apply if the domain is transferred away from PlusNet. It will not be applied if you cancel your account or the domain name at a later date.
   7. Out of courtesy, please only register the free domain if you intend to use it.

How is this free? I was in that spam debacle but am being charged £1.month for hosting my .co.uk domain. I have a few domains registered with 1&1 and would like to transfer out my domain to have all under the same registrar whilst retaining PN for my email. How do I go about this?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Dev,
Your domain was registered before that issue, therefore it should be £1 really.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hrcolchester

Hi All
Good news - so I can go ahead with the 'upgrade' to save money and also keep the free domain and VOIP.
I will raise a ticket.
Thank you for your support and digging out the old T&Cs, Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, sorry I missed your call. I only wanted to speak with you just to confirm that you are aware of this and I can see you are. The VOIP would have been retained anyway its just the domain name renewal we're doing as a bit of a bespoke deal for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hrcolchester

Hi Adam
Can you have a look at ticket #46407890 which is still ongoing.  It looks like we have been overcharged following the upgrade and I have not had a reply despite the ticket being back with plusnet since 29th September...
Thanks, Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Mark,
I'm sorry about any delay replying to your ticket, I've dropped a response on there for you.
Hope that helps.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hrcolchester

It did - thanks.
But disappointingly we have been overcharged AGAIN this month.
Any chance of giving something a kick??
🙂
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi hrcolchester,
I'm looking into this for you.
Jojo Smiley