cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to move

MikeyM
Grafter

Looking to move

I am hoping someone can help me before I have to move.
I was with SKY broadband and got speeds of 4mb, constant, based on SNR of 5db. The line never dropped connection.
I moved to plusnet as I binned my Sky tv.
When I first connected I got a good sync speed of arond the 3800 mark.
Over the next week or so the sync speed went down as the DLM system forced my SNR up.
I have had to move to using a Netgear router so that I can tweak my target SNR to get the most out of my line.
I want to use the router that Plusnet gave to me and be able to connect and disconnect as I like without having to wait unitl the sysem catches up to my speed. By that I mean that if I turn off my netgear router I have to wait until is connects before I can then resync my SNR, during this time when my sync is lower BT will lower my ip profile.
The whole thing I find very frustrating.
I know my line is not the best as I am a fair way from the exchange but I know what kind of speeds I have had in the past and know what I can get today when I put in the work to get there.
Can anyone assist me in getting this target SNR under control, it is ruining my service.
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
westy125
Dabbler

Re: Looking to move

I moved from Plusnet due to constant disconnections poor speeds etc,
I was getting during the day (not downloads) 4-5meg, downloads during 12-8am were a poor 50 KBPS (yes you read correct)
Now I get 24/7 unlimmited downloads and a download speed of 16MEG!!!! all day and night
Best thing I ever done was leave this pathetic ISP.
And yes I am justified saying that, just look at my posts, I am still waiting 3-4 weeks for a bag to return the old router.......... poor poor poor and three posts and calls to ask for one.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Looking to move

Locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85811.msg709455.html#msg709455
dick:blue Please don't cross post.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine