cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat - why no announcement?

petecov44
Grafter

Re: Live Chat - why no announcement?

When I was there we used logmein rescue for sorting stuff out. So they could use that if they still do or use teamviewer like you said.
Guys I think it's a good idea I really do and as GF has said benefits for deaf people is always nice to see. I just got a bit grumpy because this thing was popping up all the time when I didn't need it too, Like it just did (after about 2 seconds of being on the page)
Apologies.,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Any feedback is good on this as we're still very early in to the use of the live chat trial here, so keep it coming!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Long ago in a thread in Chit Chat I said I don't like these live chat (or feedback) pop-ups that you get on so many sites especially within the first few seconds of landing on a page!
So far I have not had any pop-up for PN's live chat..
The big sign on the left is obvious enough to notice and click on if I feel the need to use it - haven't yet. So a thumbs up so far from me.
Do you want people to use the live chat just to say 'hi' to check it is working as expected or should we wait until we actually need help?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I don't like the pop up either. Would like to leave live chat on the left side panel would be better.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: Mav
Do you want people to use the live chat just to say 'hi' to check it is working as expected or should we wait until we actually need help?

Wait until you need help please! The team are already handling a good number of chats so we know the technology is working correctly!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
petecov44
Grafter

If I use it everytime it pops up will they get pissed off and block me from it.
There's an idea.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I was just trying to find out how to turn off voicemail & it popped up for me. I received my solution in less than a minute. I think that it's great & have said so publicly. It's an extremely useful addition to the members site. I fail to understand why people are complaining about it.
Well done Plusnet!! Cheesy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I used it twice today and my chat was handled very well by Matt and Pete.
Used it to ask a few questions regarding my domain and my home phone switch over.
It's got my full support from me and I feel that the customer service representatives will be able to either answer the phone or have a live chat.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
JessBooth
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the positive feedback NorthEasterner & tijara33 - much appreciated. I will pass your feedback onto the team and let them know their hard work isn't going unnoticed Smiley
Spooooky
Dabbler

Well I'm going to put a dampener on this.......
Why are we not allowed to discuss moving home/cancellation via Live Chat?
It would really help us deaf people to sort it this way rather than relying on text relay and from goldenfire's posts, having to wait in the queue for 45mins especially if the text relay assistant cannot wait that long either!
I had a problem topping up my mobile phone onlne as my debit card kept failing on checkout so I went on to O2's live chat and the assistant there asked me security questions to prove it is me, the account holder and I had the problem resolved in a few minutes!
Why can't PN do that as well? Just tell us how to set up some security questions so we can get things resolved in live chat.
So disappointing........
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there Spooooky,
I'm sorry to hear of your experience, and you do raise some good points. The fact of the matter is that we are still in the very early stages of the webchat, and it is still a trial (hence the lack of full announcement).
The plan is to introduce a lot more webchat functionality in the coming months. I'd like to think that we will soon have a Customer Options Team facility. As you can imagine, this will involve either quite a lot of multiskilling, or taking resource from the Customer Options Team. Before anyone panics, it's likely to be the former, rather than the latter.
In terms of taking payment, I'd hope that we will be introducing this as well. I'm not sure whether we are in the process of implementing this yet, but I'd imagine that this will require us to run our plans past the ICO to ensure that we are compliant with data protection.
Whilst this may seem like passing the buck at the moment, I can only really stress that the webchat is still in a trial phase.
If there is anything I can do specifically for you Spooooky, then please let me know and I'll arrange for someone to call you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
AndyH
Grafter

TalkTalk are going down the same route - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/02/uk-isp-talktalk-puts-more-effort-into-providing-support...
I've used Plusnet's Live Chat once for a fault. Unfortunately, it wasn't much use as the person I dealt with on the chat was not in the faults team so I had to wait 4 days for a response to my ticket.
johnmglen
Grafter

Don't get too excited about live chat. I used it and unfortunately, it is staffed by the same inanimate objects that grudgingly answer the phones or answer your emails like they haven't taken the time to read them. 
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

You're one unlucky customer, JMG - every time I've had to call PlusNet, or had a ticket that needed input, I've not had to wait an unreasonable amount of time.
John