Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat - why no announcement?

petecov44
Grafter

Re: Live Chat - why no announcement?

Quote from: JessBooth
As stated, it's a controlled trial at present so will only show up as an option on certain pages.  As the weeks go on, we will be expanding this to cover more Smiley

Hi Jess,
Whilst I see what you mean, what I meant was I got this come up in the middle of the screen when viewing VMBU. Unlike now when it shows on the left hand side of the  page a purple " we are open 11:30-8 to chat" button this was in my face and therefore in my view wrong. If I want to use the chat I will press the button, or are you saying I have to have it pop up at random when I am reading something?  i don't get a choice?
JessBooth
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jess,
Whilst I see what you mean, what I meant was I got this come up in the middle of the screen when viewing VMBU. Unlike now when it shows on the left hand side of the  page a purple " we are open 11:30-8 to chat" button this was in my face and therefore in my view wrong. If I want to use the chat I will press the button, or are you saying I have to have it pop up at random when I am reading something?  i don't get a choice?

Hi Pete,
We proactively invite people to chat based on how long they are on certain pages, which sends out an invite in the form of a pop up. This can be closed quickly and easily by declining the invite.
We are working on refining these rules so we invite people when we think they are stuck however this is still part of the trial at the moment and the rules are being refined based on feedback and success rates - so keep the feedback coming and I'll make sure it's passed onto the right people Smiley

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This idea was suggested ages back, great that it's being trialled and let's hope it's successful. As for pop-ups, I don't see a problem - I get the same on my energy supplier web-sites, and just close/decline the pop-up if I don't wish to use it. The last time I did use it however, they didn't have a clue - that's probably because they were off-shore, so Plusnet please take note, never put this off-shore.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I've used o2 pop-ups a few times which were very effective in solving the problems I've had very quickly, so fingers crossed for a successful implementation of a great system.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Has anyones notice there is a new Plusnet chat online rather than raised a ticket online?
https://server.lon.liveperson.net/hc/86143043/?cmd=file&file=preChatSurveyContent&site=86143...
Anotherone
Champion

goldenfibre what do you think this thread is actually about Roll_eyes  It would be extremely good if you could try reading threads and understand them before posting in them and only post when you can do so constructively Crazy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It would be even better if smart some Alecs thought before posting given that the post was merged in
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Good spot AndyH!
Yes we have launched live chat - however it's a controlled launch at present.  It is only available on certain pages after a certain amount of time whilst we trial and assess the impact.
Once we are up and running full time we will post an announcement regarding the launch.
In the mean time, if you fancy giving the chat a try if it pops up on your screen please do.  Also it would be great to hear about any feedback (positive or negative!).
Thanks Smiley

It's was me the first spot it as someone removed the link!
Anotherone
Champion

How can you have spotted it first goldenfibre, your post time is a long time after Andy's post and your link doesn't work as it seems to apply only to you.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I did try live chat. awesome! As it seem Plusnet about time putting deaf person can use live chat for the first time rather than annoying typetalk over the phone!
Well done and hat off to plusnet.
Can plusnet add screenshot onto the chat like eg: screenshot of broadband stats etc.
JessBooth
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I thought you might be pleased! I'm not 100% sure on the screen shots - I'll pop up to the team now and find out.
jim:quote
JessBooth
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've had a chat to the team - at the moment, that capability isn't available to us.  However, it looks as though it will be in the near future.  Watch this space Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Well done Jess.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've had a chat to the team - at the moment, that capability isn't available to us.  However, it looks as though it will be in the near future.  Watch this space Smiley

teamviewer?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not sure how it'll become available jelv, the tool the team is using may have the ability to do this without using something additional.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.