Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat - why no announcement?

AndyH
Grafter

Live Chat - why no announcement?

Browsing the PN site and was asked if I wanted to talk to an advisor

When was this introduced? Why has there been no announcement? It's a positive step but people need to know it's available!
Edit: Also, how do people access it when they want? Is there a special link?
43 REPLIES 43
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Live Chat - why no announcement?

Good question(s) Andy.
As to links, only one I've seen is when I'm on VMBU - but I do have an ad-blocker(from Aus) so that may be blocking it elsewhere.
John
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: AndyH
When was this introduced?

Andy, I had used it before I first joined PlusNet in 2010.  So, it was there 4 years ago!!!!  It pops up if you hang about on their main page.
AndyH
Grafter

This one is new (I think) and for existing customers - tech support/billing issues etc.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Sorry Andy.  Correction on my previous post.  Actually one needs to log-in and then click on members center and there it is on the left of the screen.
AndyH
Grafter

Ah - thanks for finding that, I had a popup when browsing the support pages.
JessBooth
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: AndyH
Browsing the PN site and was asked if I wanted to talk to an advisor

When was this introduced? Why has there been no announcement? It's a positive step but people need to know it's available!
Edit: Also, how do people access it when they want? Is there a special link?

Good spot AndyH!
Yes we have launched live chat - however it's a controlled launch at present.  It is only available on certain pages after a certain amount of time whilst we trial and assess the impact.
Once we are up and running full time we will post an announcement regarding the launch.
In the mean time, if you fancy giving the chat a try if it pops up on your screen please do.  Also it would be great to hear about any feedback (positive or negative!).
Thanks Smiley

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Having not used the new chat yet ( which i think is a great idea) are you able to have the transcript of the conversation emailed to you ?.
If not , i think this would be a great feature to add
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dlloyd
Grafter

Hi Mike,
I can confirm that you do have an option to send a transcript of the conversation by email to yourself or print a copy of the chat via the site.
petecov44
Grafter

I got this yesterday when I was looking at my VMBU., very strange
JessBooth
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: petecov44
I got this yesterday when I was looking at my VMBU., very strange

As stated, it's a controlled trial at present so will only show up as an option on certain pages.  As the weeks go on, we will be expanding this to cover more Smiley
Quote from: I
Having not used the new chat yet ( which i think is a great idea) are you able to have the transcript of the conversation emailed to you ?.

Glad you think it's a great idea - we do too! It's something we have been asking for as a feature for our customers for quite a while, so it's great it's finally in place.
Steevo
Grafter

Came across this on the site by accident today. Asked if it was new and was told it was launched (low key) on Tues. Great idea and works very well indeed. Well done PlusNet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I used the nPower Live Chat very recently quite late in the evening with my problem being solved in 2 minutes.
I therefore wish Plusnet every success with this facility.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Just used chat for the first time, got an agent in seconds, and query dealt with within a few mins.
Great uses of resources Smiley as the agent told me than can help up to three people at once , were as on the phone  would be only one.
Well done PN Smiley
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petecov44
Grafter

makes sense and I wish they had that when I was there - hit target 3 times as fast Smiley
I wonder if people still post the wrong notes to the wrong account in Workplace?  I used to do that lots when I dealt with a ticket and a call at the same time - I always hit target though