cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat - what's the point

Mishplus

Live Chat - what's the point

Just want to give Plusnet some feedback as very frustrated and wasted all morning for no result.

Wanted to renew my annual contract - waiting time on phone was over 30 mins so thought I'd do the chat live.

Was Number 5 in the queue and 45 mins later got to number 2, then after 10 mins back to number 3, then after someetime back to number 2  now after nearly an hour it has jumped back to number 3 - how does that work??  So you can't even go by the number you are in the queue to gauge how long to wait.  Joined Plusnet last year as their customer support was advertised as english speaking, being in england and having a great customer service. Well, sadly it's no better than any others. The only good news was that I had no problems with the service during the year so had no reason to contact them. So the service is good, but contacting the customer service team is terrible. But I guess no worse than any others, just sad that no-one seems to care about the customer these days and as they have no other better service to beat, it seems that all ISP providers can treat customers badly and win their customers on price only.  So will be looking around for best price now rather than best service.

18 REPLIES 18
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Live Chat - what's the point

Have you tired the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (As if you are thinking of leaving)?

This line usually suffers less delay than the support line and will take you directly to the right team to discuss your renewal options.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@MauriceC while your suggestion is the best option in this case , there is no where to see it except here .

and the OP is correct of late support has gone down the pan Angry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Mishplus

Thank you so much for your advice and suggestion. Tried the number and you are right, they only have a 15 min delay instead of 30!

So will try that number again later or tomorrow at a different time

Thanks again

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@rongtw wrote:

@MauriceC while your suggestion is the best option in this case , there is no where to see it except here .

No?  But if you call the 0800 number the First option is 'renew'; the second 'want to leave'? 

and the OP is correct of late support has gone down the pan Angry

I'd have to agree thereEmbarrassed 

The SU's have 'Support' (in its various forms) and the 'Provisioning' journey as the two high priority items in discussions with Plusnet - but it is a very rocky road and only slow progress being made.  I would liken it to trying to change the direction of a 200,000 ton tanker then stopping it before it hits something!  It CAN be done, but it needs focus.  Plusnet IS listening at quite senior levelsAngel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Going backwards in the queue...

I have seen this myself and have raised it within the SU programme.  It appears to be a consequence of - for whatever reason (such as customer being transferred to a different agent) - customers actually in a chat session being returned to the queue by the agent.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@rongtw wrote:

On the PN homepage there is a clearly visible paragraph headed "Looking for some help?"  Three clicks and you have the number for thinking of leaving.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yes @Jonpe but OP wasn't thinking of leaving,,  Wanted to renew my annual contract " so he want to see what offer PN would make . there no link for that option

@MauriceC i just had a look through today's posts and i failed to see any posts by any PN staff ?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Jonpe wrote:

On the PN homepage there is a clearly visible paragraph headed "Looking for some help?" 

Where?

Plusnet home pagePlusnet home page

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Just looked on the home page I see and it's nothing like that shown.

There is indeed a heading "Looking For Some Help" near the top and on the right.

It is a rather protracted process to find the Customer Options number though! About four clicks required.

Looking for some help?

Our new Help & Support pages are full of helpful guides for solving common broadband and phone problems, reporting faults or checking service status in your area.

Visit Help & Support
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@rongtw  Not initially, no, but the last sentence ("So will be looking around for best price now rather than best service.")  sounds like "thinking of leaving" to me.  We should all be reviewing whether to stay or move at the end of a contract, but far too many of us don't, and in some instances I've been one of them.

@Browni  As @newagetraveller confirms, the link is on the homepage I get when I go to https://www.plus.net/ .  Three clicks take you to the a menu giving you two options, one of which is "Thinking of leaving Plusnet?"; click on it and you get this: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Jonpe the screenshot I included is from the link you mention and it doesn't contain what you say it should.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@Browni neither can i see the link , looking for some help ?

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Well I see this page.  A recent change

PN home page.jpg

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I just clear Cache and i still get Older page ? odd