Did you mean: 

Live Chat - email of transcript

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Live Chat - email of transcript

Just had a short chat and this is the email transcript
Chat Transcript
info: Thank you for talking to us today - we'll be with you shortly.
All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 6 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 5 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 4 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 1 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: You are now chatting with agent
me: What are the times when Live Chat is available
agent: Hi James
agent We are open from 9am - 9pm 7 days a week
me: thanks

Why am I posting here
This is why
General Info
Chat start time  Jun 26, 2015 10:55:00 AM GMT
Chat end time  Jun 26, 2015 11:03:45 AM GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:08:44

The actual chatting time was well under a minute - you shouldn't include waiting time in Actual Chatting Time
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Live Chat - email of transcript

A better solution would be to make the waiting time routinely zero.
David
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hi Jim
I believe that both the Call duration and the Chat portion of the call are needed.  Ideally the duration components should be closely aligned - i.e. zero gap in a well balanced service.
In the example you give, it clearly demonstrates that incoming calls are potentially blocking new callers being added to the queue for some period.  Once the PN queue is full, later callers will get 'Busy' unless PN pays the high BT fees to 'Call gap' and delay the call in the network.
It all just helps demonstrate that the Chat Service is not up to the expected workload. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: MauriceC
It all just helps demonstrate that the Chat Service is not up to the expected workload. 

By "chat service" do you mean technology or the whole concept?  I suspect that - like the phones - there are not enough agents to deal with the demand created by known service issues (BTOR).  Shifting a few dark hours staff into daylight hours is not going to address the demand gap, unless they are to be targeted at sorting out the source of the issues... rather than resourcing the consequences.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

I have never had many reasons to contact PlusNet but today I needed to.
I have just used Live Chat for the first time to get some information about Line Rental Saver renewal.
Total time was 12 minutes but actual chat was 3-4 minutes.
I was very pleased with whole process, I was able to carry on doing other things until my turn in the queue arrived ( at least you know where you are in the queue) and I got the information I required. 
I thought the whole process worked well and I have a transcript of what was said. Smiley