Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat Availability Discussion

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Live Chat Availability Discussion

We're currently experiencing an unusually high volume of calls. To try and keep wait times to a minimum, we've temporarily suspended Live Chat for all departments except cancellations. We apologise for any inconvenience, and will let you know as soon as the service is back online. Social Media and the Community remain unaffected and those requiring accessibility options can find them here

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
50 REPLIES 50
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Re: Live Chat Availability Discussion

It would help to put that on screen in the 'Contact Us' page!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Changes to service content (such as the content of the contact us page) requires change and release control procedures to be performed.  Whilst sounding simple, the reality is that such service content is not likely to be deployed on just one server, but many virtual services.  Therefore adhoc changes to website content is not overly practical.

The status of chat is clearly signposted in the SERVICE STATUS page, on the SERVICE INFORMATION board here and the contact us pages clearly report that the service is currently UNAVAILABLE (which is different to the usual “service busy” status when the service is available, but busy).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Live chat has been turned back on, customers should be able to access it normally.

Thanks for your patience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jostridge
Dabbler

my live chat mileage differs. m click on allow cookies but its greyed out Most unhelpful

Barney67

How are we supposed to get our internet "service" back if they are not answering phones or replying to emails? Our broadband has been less than 1mb download for almost a week. Plusnet won't sort it out, so what is our next step? If they haven't sorted it out by tomorrow I'll be cancelling and going with another provider. I'm not going to continue paying for a service which is not being provided. I have spent over 2 hours waiting on the phone but it is impossible to get through to them. They should be paying me for my wasted hours!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Barney67,

I am sincerely sorry for the wait times you have experienced. We can see that we organised a phone engineer to attend your line due to noise and they believe they have resolved that side of the problem.

Please can you advise if the noise is no longer present and my team here will be able to progress the issue further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Live Chat is Not available to me, and I`m hearing the same from many people in the "Account/Billing" Forum.  It has been greyed out for nearly Two weeks now.  There are no options either to "Raise a Ticket" for support, and I can`t afford 2 Hours waiting on a phone line.    How on earth do I get to speak to someone who can assist?

If I disable all means of communication in my business, and stack customers in a 2 hour long telephone waiting queue, I won`t have a business for very long at all.  

Chris

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,

Are you a residential user or a business user? For business users chat is virtually always UNavailable, where as for residential users during support hours it can sometimes be busy.

“Not available” is (I believe) only reported when the residential service is closed.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @Mgnl1983,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear you have experienced these issues trying to get through to our Customer Support teams. I'm afraid our live chat service was taken down for a couple of weeks due to the call volumes. Feel free to send me your username via PM with a brief summary of the issues you are facing and I can take a look into this for you. - Thanks, Maddy.

Jrod

This is quite unacceptable. I am about to be a new customer but I am thinking of cancelling my order. For 3 weeks the wait time for a telephone call has been over 30 minutes and Chat is not available. You are just not staffing up to meet customer demand - it's not our fault for trying to contact you, it's your fault for not investing in call staff. What is Plusnet doing about this?

Jrod

Mgnl1983
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hello Jrod,  It does seem to be the way of the world in big businesses now.  Very hard to find any method of speaking with someone, or contacting via a live chat facility (unless they`re after your custom of course) and it is very frustrating, when all you want is a little bit of assistance.  I don`t think it is a very wise policy at all !

sbore
Dabbler

You might like to ask yourselves WHY there is such a demand for contact through live chat?

a)    "Help line" never gets answered?

b)    There are far too many problems which require assistance?  After all these years, your systems ought to have been sorted out, surely?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @sbore,

A warm welcome to the forums.

In the immediacy, this is the first monthly billing cycle of the new billing system … there are a few gremlins which have been experienced by a number of users.  Consequently support is particularly busy at the moment.