Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little error on Plusnet website

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Little error on Plusnet website

https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/broadband_terminology.shtml#Sync
1. Broadband Products
Our broadband is supplied over the BT Wholesale network. The products on offer are split into two categories:
    20th Century Network (20CN)
    Available in most UK exchanges. 'IPStream Connect' (IPSC) technology is used to provide speeds up to a theoretical maximum of 8Mb via ADSL1
    21st Century Network (21CN)
    Available in a growing number of UK exchanges, 'Wholesale Broadband Connect' (WBC) technology is used to provide:
        Speeds up to a theoretical maximum of 8Mb via ADSL1
        Speeds up to a theoretical maximum of 24Mb via ADSL2+
        Speeds up to a theoretical maximum of 40Mb via Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC)

Wasn't sure of the best place to post this so if a Mod wants to move it please feel free.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
4 REPLIES 4
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Little error on Plusnet website

Theoretical maximum for fibre? Shouldn't that be labelled as theoretical maximum 'available' to the customer? Yes should be 80 of course but the max for a single fibre line to one end user would be (I think) around 200!  Shocked
That's RPM to you!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the heads up, raised a task to our web team to get that altered Smiley I believe it needs to be up to 80Mb as anything faster is still in its trial phase.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well I'm glad there is some truth about what the products are theoretically capable of on the website. IMHO better than all this OFCOM BS about what 10% or whatever of customers do or don't get which has only confused a significant number of people.
The real solution to the "Upto ? speed" issue was to insist that ISPs/Advertisers stated under that headline speed - "Dependant on your Line length and Quality" - simples - but can OFCOM do anything sensible? - NO, not in consumers interests, anyway  Roll_eyes
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[me=jelv]pushes Like button on preceding post[/me]
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)