cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lies, More Lies and PlusNet Billing

legion
Dabbler

Lies, More Lies and PlusNet Billing

I migrated from PlusNet around 2nd December last year because of poor customer support.  My billing date was 27th of the month and a full payment, due in November, was taken on 1st December. I gave the required notice of migration. I cancelled the DD mandate.
PN attempted to take a further payment of £11.99 on 27th December. I assumed this was a mistake which would rectify itself. I tried to access the invoice to check PN's figures but found myself locked out. A screen requesting me to update my payment details popped up at every turn. I started getting texts and emails warning me that my (non existent) service would be affected if I did not pay. The latest ones came today warning me that my? PN service would be cut off.
I also received 2 calls from [removed] on the home phone. I am working in Sweden and was not able to take the call. My wife attempted to deal with  [removed] but he refused to speak to her as she was not the registered customer. He rang as second time today and my wife tried to explain my problem. I was not prepared to accept that I owed money without sight of an invoice and details of PN's calculations. She suggested that PN mail me a copy of the invoice but was very rudely interrupted by  [removed]. She was not given any further opportunity to explain before  [removed] simply hung up on her.  [removed] then added to an open ticket that my wife refused to take a message. This is patently untrue.
Would somebody from PlusNet please review the tape of the call to confirm the details I have given, and treat this as a formal complaint about the conduct of  [removed].
I will be happy to consider payment if it can be shown that I actually owe PlusNet money. I have no faith in their systems as they do not even seem to have realised that I am no longer a customer.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.] but shown in hidden forums
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Lies, More Lies and PlusNet Billing

Hi legion,
I'm sorry to hear about all this. Firstly I'll check your account and clarify if any monies are owed at all if that is the case I'll get an invoice straight to you.
Secondly I'll see is I can trace a recording of the call to see exactly what happened. Rest assured we will take this very seriously if someone has handled the call in the way you've mentioned.
Please bear with me and I'll get back to you ASAP after I've investigated this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI I'm still trying to trace the calls you've mentioned.
I can confirm after double checking with our suppliers that you migrated out on 2/12/10. As we require 10 days notice and bearing in mind you migrated out just a few days after the billing date you should have owed us around £3.50 to cover the notice period. Also we must apologise for  us chasing for the full amount of the invoice.
We can certainly agree to waive such a nominal fee and close the account, again I must apologise for this being dealt with in what could be regarded as a heavy handed way.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
legion
Dabbler

Thanks Adam. We appreciate your help. Please try to trace the call - about 2.45pm today . Although we are no longer customers this type of customer service does nobody any favours.
Apologies to OldJim for breaking forum rules. It's Mrs Legion really and I don't usually use the boy's room so I did not know the rules.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No problem - it allowed the call to be checked more easily I hope
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem.
Legion, I'll keep you posted about that, we don't keep records of every single call so please don't bank on it but I'll keep trying.
Sir Ian.. err I mean Oldjim Wink its quite an easy to search system but unfortunately it can mean sorting through a lot of data from time to time.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team