Let Me Go Pleeeeaassee!

where is my MAC KEY !!????  Angry
jim:red all caps removed from title mod:end
14 REPLIES 14
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Let Me Go Pleeeeaassee!

We provided your MAC in a ticket on your account on the 2nd December, you'll need to request another one if it wasn't used by following the instructions on this page: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/grass_is_greener.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lurker
Grafter

Yeah - if its anything like when mine was supplied it will be on a closed ticket which isn't visible - but it should be there. (Although will now be invalid)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's always the option to view closed tickets in the dropdown...
Lurker
Grafter

I know that - but here's a thought - why not provide it in an open ticket so the customer can locate it easily?
I presume it was an accident when it was done to me, or is that the standard way to provide them?
Chris
Legend

It should be provided in an open ticket and passed back to the customer, as was done in this case for Jacksmummy. For your account James, I can only assume it was done in error, if you want to let me know by PM which account I'll take a look if you want?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lurker
Grafter

Sure thing it was hpcltdmc iirc
Chris
Legend

I've had a look, and it looks as though there was an error when generating the MAC on your account, it created the new ticket correctly but failed to append the MAC to the already open ticket on your account.
jacksmummy
Grafter

the old mac key has expired. I have been told that a new one should be genearted but that was on th 6th january. PN have 5 days to provide it so im thinking that they have NOT done this considering it is now the 18th January.. my maths is bad but that is a LOT more than 5 days . SO where is it ??????!!
i want my MAC key please.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jacksmummy,
I've just had a look and the ticket should have been appended by now. I've added the MAC for you, sorry for the delay.
Lurker
Grafter

So aside from my (ever gentle) ribbing - does it appear there is some sort of problem in how it works, or do we here witness the only two people who have ever had problems?
Making it easy for people to leave, and executing the transaction in a timely and professional manner not only save PN time, but in some cases it might make somebody more likely to reconsider PN in the future.
I accept that most people who have asked for a MAC will probably not be around to read this and offer feedback, still worth asking the question though I think. Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

soon be as bad as T--- T---- for giving out raincoats Grin
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

No problem whatsoever getting mine - a while back now.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning,
There isn't any sort of ongoing issue - James, there was a problem in your case, in that the MAC key generation script didn't append the MAC automatically to the ticket. That's now resolved. In jacksmummy's case - and I'm sorry about this - the agents who picked up the ticket hadn't followed the correct process. I can assure you we've done all we can to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Lurker
Grafter

Coolio Smiley