cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of contract

Aion

Length of contract

Hi there, i've just moved to Plusnet Pro after having a terrible time with Sky Connect
I got my confirmation email just now and it says that it's an 18 month contract, yet I signed up to this reading Plusnet Pro is a 12 month contract.
Is the email wrong?
Website Says:
5. What's the contract length?
•Plusnet Value: 18 months
•Plusnet Pro: 12 months
Once the contract is up, both accounts revert to a monthly contract.

My email says:
Your PlusNet account details:
This is your account type, monthly subscription and contract length.
Broadband Product Plusnet Pro
Monthly Subscription £19.99
Contract 18 Months
32 REPLIES 32
scootie
Grafter

Re: Length of contract

yep belive pro is 12 months. sure james will be along to give an offical responce.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm afraid that I can't check the contract length until the account has been activated, but I suspect that this is just a problem with the email that has been sent out.
Please let me know once your account has been activated and I'll ensure that it's on a 12 month contract and not an 18 month one.
Aion

Thanks for your help James, will get back to you soon Smiley
EssexJoe85

Just see this thread after making a similar comment in another thread  Roll_eyes
I have also just moved from sky connect and Pro is due to go live monday, have just noticed the 18 months length in my confirmation email.
Looks like ill also be in touch Monday to get that sorted!
mal0z
Grafter

James will sort you out on Monday I strongly suspect
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: mal0z
James will sort you out on Monday

I think you mean he will have a look at the account Cheesy
mal0z
Grafter

Yes sorry - that could be read two ways  Grin
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
Just to confirm this is definitely a content issue in the email, which is currently raised internally as a problem to get sorted.
You'll absolutely be on a 12 month contract within our systems.
Sorry for the confusion. 
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you just had one month contracts, like in days of yore, you wouldn't have these "email" problems.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

atbs1
Grafter

Whilst the content may be wrong - the problem is that someone did not (bother to) check the content, otherwise this would have been picked up.
James
Grafter

It's not a case of someone not bothering to checking the content.
The change of Pro from an 18 to 12 month contract change was one made extremely late in the release of the new product range.  However, it should still be fixed.
Diamond
Grafter

Quote from: Crucibleofevil
If you just had one month contracts, like in days of yore, you wouldn't have these "email" problems.

Totally agree there Crucible, I am a one month at a time user, I will never be tied down to anything longer as it costs too much to get out when the goal posts are moved and they move quite quickly if you don't keep an eye on them.
I just viewed a video about one month, or no contract broadband, three providers were mentioned with PN being the one month, the other two being 0 and 3 month contracts, however when I checked PN's site, I could only find reference to a 1 month deal on the business section, have they stopped it for new residential customers?
Looking at the 18 month option, it seems I could have it very cheap for 3 months with a higher download limit than my current 3gb but because of my postcode, I would have to pay £6 a month more than those in a "desireable" trading  place, even higher if I went for 12 months.
The one month contract was the main reason I joined this merry band.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they dont make a big play of it, but after the initial 12/18 contract it reverts to one month, so a few of the inital people are over half way now
Diamond
Grafter

There was an option to enter with a one month rolling contract, which I took up and used my own router, my telephone is on the same basis (the only way I would agree to switch to them).
If PN reverts to a one month "CONTRACT"  after end of initial contract, then they are different to the competetors who become completely  "out of contract".How many of the initial people would still be here if it were not for the financial penalty incurred for premature ptermination of contract?