Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy packages and price increases

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Legacy packages and price increases

My mother-in-law in on a legacy Essentials package, which has a 10GB usage cap, and line rental. In total, her monthly bill is £24.98 excluding calls. Her monthly usage is less than 2GB, and an unlimited account is of no benefit to her.

Her line rental will go up due to the price increases recently announced. She could get a significant net reduction if she went onto an unlimited package, as the offer for new customers would in effect amount to free unlimited broadband for 18 months, after which she would need to pay full price, which I understand would be £9.99.

My suggestion for Plusnet to consider, is whether line rental increases for subscribers to legacy capped products such as hers could be negated by an equivalent reduction in the cost of the broadband element. 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Legacy packages and price increases

@maranello wrote:

My suggestion for Plusnet to consider, is whether line rental increases for subscribers to legacy capped products such as hers could be negated by an equivalent reduction in the cost of the broadband element. 

I'd recommend she discusses this matter with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving) to discuss what offers we may be able to provide against the broadband.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro

@HarryB Thanks for your response. My mother-in-law is not thinking of leaving, in fact, she doesn't care that much either way and usually goes along with whatever I suggest/recommend.

The purpose of my post was to suggest the idea for passing on to your billing/marketing team for consideration. If this topic area is not the mechanism for such suggestions then please tell me how I should ensure the message gets delivered to the appropriate part of the Plusnet organisation.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

I appreciate your mother-in-law may not be thinking of leaving as such, but the team that option goes through to are the best people to speak to in regards to new offers.

I'll happily pass on your suggestion, however I'm not too confident that billing/marketing will apply discounts automatically to a package we no longer offer to offset a price rise that affects anyone with line rental Undecided

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
maranello
Pro

Thanks @HarryB, much appreciated.

I'll talk her through the implications and take it from there.