cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left plusnet - account closure chaos?

jimbof
Grafter

Left plusnet - account closure chaos?

I left plusnet for BT on 20th July - plusnet didn't make financial sense any more when factoring in the various cashback / introductory BT offers.
I've had 3 emails from plusnet about the cancellation - all with different dates on them (20th, 21st and 24th!).  For the record, the account moved on 20th to BT and all their communications were spot on and accurate.
I've had a random credit to my bank account for some amount of money.
I can't log into the member center to view a final bill as my login appears to have been revoked.  No emails detailing a final bill or similar.
What is going on?  How do I get my final bill?
7 REPLIES 7
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Left plusnet - account closure chaos?

Sorry for the confusion here.
There is no final balance owed, hence your account being closed. Just the refund. Hoping all is well with you at BT.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jimbof
Grafter

Thanks for getting back quickly.  Will a final bill be provided, detailing the refund?
The BT connection seems fine; hopefully I won't have any support matters as I hear that can be troublesome.  The combination of close to £300 of cashback / vouchers made it a bit of a no-brainer for me financially.  I might well be back once the 12 months are up and take advantage of Plusnet's offers at the time... Smiley
greyposter46
Dabbler

My account was closed yesterday but my BT Sport' is still on  Sad
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

With your one, it looks like the services have left, but the account is currently with our billing team to arrange full closure/any final call charges etc.
Unfortunately it does look like in the meantime, an invoice has been generated  Undecided but I can assure you once this has cleared you will be refunded for the service overcharge.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Word_Warrior
Grafter

I also have left plusnet for BT for similar reasons. I've had refunds to my bank account. However, I've just received an email informing me that £19.xx will be taken this week. I've raised a ticket with support but as yet not had a reply being the weekend  Roll_eyes
Can someone get in touch and tell me why or at least reply to the ticket. My finger is poised on my DD list to delete the PNET DD.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to see this Word Warrior, I'm going to pass on some feedback to our billing team to see if we can reduce the amount of accounts where this happens.
Please go ahead and get the DD cancelled and once the payment bounces back to us as failed we'll get the account closed down fully for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
greyposter
Grafter

My BT Sport is still on,why ?