Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving due to RUBBISH Yorkshire service

Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Leaving due to RUBBISH Yorkshire service

Okay,
I also forgot to mention in the previous post, if the fault is on your line, you'll most likely still have the fault no matter which provider you go with.
Cheers,
Matt
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi flyerdave,
The reason Chris asked you to run through the faults wizard instead of raising a ticket is so you could run through the questions - as you've already done the tests, you know the answers already so it won't take long. That would also have prevented the response you received to the ticket.
If you could just quickly run through it it'll pass a ticket through and we'll be able to get this resolved for you. I should also state that we can't take a cancellation request via ticket, you'd need to either call in or write to us as per our cancellation process.
flyerdave
Dabbler

Matt I have had enough with the lies of Plusnet. Two years this has been going on and that is enough.
Speed test done this morning.
Download speed:
0.9Mb
Upload speed:
0.3Mb
Plusnet
Provider:
Plusnet
A letter is on the way asking for my MAC code. i have lost trust In Plusnet and anything you say.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

I don't know what your estimated speeds are...
But I'm sure if you give plusnet the chance to solve your fault, you will be sorted.
I'm not sure what lies you are referring to?
I hope your new provider is able to resolve your line fault to your satisfaction.
Cheers
Matt
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi flyerdave,
I've made an adjustment to your line so you should see an increase to your speed.
We need to get to the bottom of the dropouts though, if you're able to provide some availability this week I can arrange an engineer to attend to resolve the issues if you wish.
flyerdave
Dabbler

Just thought that I would provide an update.
Over the past two weeks I have been unable to use the internet with Plusnet due to constance dropping of the service. This has been an ongoing problem for at least two years including three routers, many tests and phone calls to BT faults as each blamed the other for the problems I was experiencing.
Finally, my patience ran out and so last week I sent Plusnet a letter cancelling my contract with them and requesting a MAC code so I can relocate to another provider.  
Today my letter has been acknowledged by Plusnet and I hope that they will send me a MAC code in accordance with Ofcom which states:
"The Communications Provider shall communicate the MAC to the End-User in writing by letter and/or by e-mail within five working days of receipt of the End-User’s request ."
I have received no pleasure in taking the action I have on this forum, just sadness that one of Britain's best known company's, British Telecom, (which owns Plusnet) has continued to provide such appalling service, has only offered to send an engineer, if I am willing to pay them £99 ( So why do we pay BT each month for the telephone line rental in the first place).
What is more strange is this - yesterday I rang BT's fault line again, speaking to a foreign gentleman most likely in India, who blamed me for the fault. This was the third time I had reported the fault within a week and on the other two occasions I was informed that there was no fault on the line.
Last night at about 10pm my internet was miraculously restored! (all be it somewhat slow, showing 2.9mb download and upload of just 27k)
So what is a normal rational person meant to do?     JUMP OFF A CLIFF!  goodbye Plusnet.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: flyerdave
So what is a normal rational person meant to do?     JUMP OFF A CLIFF!   goodbye Plusnet.

Maybe listen a little more and co-operate with the staff above who are trying to help you ?
the £99 charge would be if the fault was found to have been caused by you in your property - I've never actually heard of BT Openreach charging a customer this though even when it was their own internal wiring.
Moving to any other provider than Virgin Media on Cable could also be a bad idea as it sounds like you have an issue with either your line, NTE5 box or cabling. This problem will carry on to the next provider (unless you're very lucky) and you'll be no closer to getting your issues resolved.
I've been in the IT and telecoms business for over 20 years and have chosen Plusnet as they do seem to get things sorted eventually, especially after the Staff on the Forum get involved.
Plusnet have no more control over what BT do than rival companies such as it is BT Openreach who do the faultfinding. The BT line issue you had where you spoke to someone in India was very similar to the experience I had when trying to get an issue sorted for a customer - I went round and round in circles, was blamed for an issue with the cadence ringing at the property and was only when I put my foot down and offered to send them a photo of a screen capture of an oscilloscope trace of the line voltage and signal that they realised I wasn't going to listen to their scripts.
When I had a similar issue recently with my own line, I called up Plusnet (who my telephone is with), was put through to someone within 2 minutes (on a Saturday morning) and had the fault logged and being investigated within 5 minutes.  The fault seemed to resolve itself the next day but I couldn't fault Plusnets service.
I'm not saying they are angels and will sort 100% of the issues out 100% of the time, I still see some recurring issues with customers on the forums but they will work closely with the customer to get the matter resolved.
picbits
Rising Star

P.s. when you say "my line goes down" - what do you mean by that ?
If you mean loss of sync to the modem then that means one thing, if you mean you can't use your telephone as your line has gone dead then that is a totally different thing.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: picbits
the £99 charge would be if the fault was found to have been caused by you in your property - I've never actually heard of BT Openreach charging a customer this though even when it was their own internal wiring.

I was charged £160 a few years back when I had a noise fault on my line. The BT guy claimed it was my filtered faceplate (supplied by BT when I migrated from ISDN) and so I was charged, the fault was still there but they refused to refund the money.
A subsequent engineer visit (on the wrong day, he phoned me at work and said he couldn't get access, I say no you will not, as the appointment is for tomorrow!) found the fault to be wiring in the pole, I wasn't charged for that visit though.
I have a noise fault again, but don't have the money if BT decide it is my wiring, so I just put an adsl filter on the phone and it seems to cure it for a few months.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Hairy
I was charged £160 a few years back when I had a noise fault on my line.

Bum Sad There goes my "I've never heard of anyone being charged" line.
Even worse when it is a fault that is their own responsibility - I'd have been fighting that one through the courts.
Whatever happens with flyerdave, I hope he gets his line sorted as losing your connectivity can be like having your hands tied behind your back !
deathtrap
Grafter

@flyerdave: Having read you post's I think that although you may be frustrated by this,You may be jumping the gun here. here's why
switching ISP is unlikely to cure the current issues of disconnects that you are seeing all isp's who resell BTW 20CN /21CN ADSL products use the same  BT owned equipment at the telephone exchange ,The only way that this would change would be if you took a service from one of the LLU suppliers,
And the line would remain the same in any case So if there is a fault with the line, then switching ISP's won't resolve it  IMO i think that you should bite your lip and give plusnet the opportunity to send out BT openreach  to look for a Broadband fault  not a voice fault , And see if the engineer  can find and fix the problem,  then if  still unhappy get your MAC
deathtrap
Grafter

@Hairy Biker: That's an interesting one RE the filtered faceplate , I say this because  BT openreach  supply and fit a Interstitial  filtered faceplate on FTTC installs, a sticker on the packaging  stipulates it carries a 12mths warranty ,So if it fails within this time ,BT should replace FOC, They also should not charge for a callout  if the this faceplate is found to be the cause of a fault ,But it will be interesting to see if this turns out to be the case in coming years or not
If it happened to me, i wouldn't be paying an engineers visit fee because what is part of the  original NTE  has failed  in some way, the NTE is Open reaches  responsibility isn't it ?
Another arguable point would be where the BT line plant comes out of the duct and is fixed to the external wall and then each line is then run from the grey box  outside along a wall , and the public have access , if that cable is damaged by persons unknown by accident or  other i should not have to pay , as the cable isn't in my garden ect But you can bet that they would attempt to charge  to repair it
Devonian
Grafter

FlyerDave,  Have you actually done anything PlusNet have asked?
Did you have a visit from BT OpenReach?
Have you done ANYTHING to help PlusNet, bar moan and complain?
How exactly is calling BT going to help?
That is like calling Tesco to complain about Sainsburys.. completely worthless, and barking mad!
BT might own PlusNet, but they have NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE DAY TO DAY RUNNING.
If you are hopping mad now, just wait until you move to BT or Talktalk.. not only will you take the fault with you, but you will need to learn a new language, and have hours to waste speaking to idiots who have no idea how to help.
Good luck.
flyerdave
Dabbler

You seem to missing the point here guys
1. This has been going on for over two years.
2. After this weeks performance with two Bt staff saying no fault exists and then being accused of it being my fault, then all of a sudden fault is cleared last night. Why does BT staff lie?
3. Plusnet is owned by BT - should there not have been communication between them before now as I am a customer of both BT and Plusnet.
British companies should be setting the highest standards in to-days market place not telling lies. I have less and less faith in the companies I deal with, including the one I work for, a well known British Supermarket, that cheats it's customers, suppliers and employees!
Quite frankly, I am becoming ashamed to call myself British any more. I administer an international website on Poland and what I see on my travels, is some of our oldest British companies moving there not just because of cheaper labour, but also because the Polish are very willing to learn and become the best as is the case in Germany. I am fully aware that a number of them are over here but what you are never told in the press is how many of them go back after a few months or years. We need to change the way we do business here in Britain or we will get left behind. Less excuses and better managed businesses that speak by their actions not mere words (including the one I work for).
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: flyerdave
2. After this weeks performance with two Bt staff saying no fault exists and then being accused of it being my fault, then all of a sudden fault is cleared last night. Why does BT staff lie?

Did you see the above where Plusnet manually reset your profile on the line (just before you posted and said it was miraculously fixed) ?
*Edit - I see they did it last week rather than last night - apologies.
Also Plusnet although owned by BT appear to get no preferential treatment over any other ISP who use the BT infrastructure.