cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving after 8 years!

rburgul

Leaving after 8 years!

I've got to be one of the longest serving customers having been in plus net since 2003. I have to say its generally been a good experience. Apart from an annoying spell with the CGI server its all been pretty smooth for me. I had hoped as a BT subsidiary that plus net users would get the BTopenzone / FON access but it never happened. This is what attracts me over to BT.
I did ask plusnet if I could use a Fonera device with plusnet  but the response from help desk was that BT FON was not supported (didn't quite answer my question but I wasn't being encouraged).
The other annoying thing was that my older Pro account £19.99 pcm 21Gb was out of date. I don't frequent the plus net site much and therefore never realised that the current equivalent pro account is £16.49 fro 60Gb. Why allow those on obsolete accounts continue paying more for less?
So sadly its good bye and thanks for all the packets. I'm a bit sad to leave and would still recommend plus net.
11 REPLIES 11
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Leaving after 8 years!

There appears to be no reason why you can't use a Fonera router on your Plusnet connection. A quick search on Google gives a lot of information - this probably being the most pertinent - http://corp.fon.com/en/this-is-fon/.
As for not being told about new products as they become available, do you subscribe to service update emails? If you have opted out, you won't hear about product changes. Check your email settings here.
ETA: Check the market status of your exchange at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ - mine shows:
Enabled: 03 Jul 2001
Market: 2
Market 2 or 3 gives you a further price reduction - my Extra 60GB service only costs me £11.49 a month now.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and you are definitely not the longest server
houlton23
Grafter

Quote from: rburgul
I did ask plusnet if I could use a Fonera device with plusnet 

We have a fonera + (bought for £40 ish from the FON website) running on our plusnet connection, thus giving us access to all of the BTopenzone / BTFON hotspots (which seem to be everywhere).
itsme
Grafter

I've been running a Fonera as a Bill for years. In fact I joined Fon before BT involvement. I have no problem using BTFon access points but Openzone are more of a problem as I realise that premium Openzone spots like airports I have to pay for but I should be able to use Openzone supplied by normal customers. I have been noticing in the last couple of weeks ssid's of Openzone-H which I can get on and I assume that the H stand for home hubs. I still can't get on an Openzone on if it's from a business hub 
keith4x4
Grafter

Hi rburgul
I went through the same and i've been with them since 98!
you will get  the same rubbish I got ie you must have opted out or you did not check your email.
Ask for a discount, I did but I still have the same rubbish service.
they don't tell you so they can overcharge you for as long as possible.
"good honest broad band my£$%&"
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

keith4x4
I went through the same and i've been with them since 98!

you have posted 9 times since 1 Sept 2011 and always on someone else's thread.
Why don't you come up with a question if you want help? Instead of just sniping.
Why didn't you post before if it has been so bad?
The more you put in in a constructive manner the more you will get out.
there were problems with my l service but I came to the forum with the right attitude and PN given the opportunity came through  Cool Smiley Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
keith4x4
Grafter

Peter
I can guess what you do for a living.
If I had a problem that a Public forum could help with I would consider posting but As the problem is PN’s service …. Enough said
pierre_pierre
Grafter

we dont have to guess what Peter does for a living, he has been very open about it and often mentions various aspect of it, which is more that can be said for you
The_10th
Grafter

I see the love is still being spread  Grin
Not been on here for a fair while and don't know what anyone here does for a living apart from Plusnet staff of course! Wink
rburgul

OK I've switched. Am writing this form my new BT broadband account. Sorry I havent answered some of the replies before now.
Yes, Pierre I'm definitely not the oldest serving but  '...one of the oldest...' as I said in my original post.
Thanks Jaggies & keith, Yes I'm guilty of not keeping my eye on the ball with plus net updates. I'm just respectfully asking that plusnet automatically reduce the billing amount to the closest package when a package is discontinued as a courtesy to loyal customers.
Thanks itsme and houlton, I should have asked the Fonera question on the forum rather than to support. My question to support was very clear. 'can I use Fonera'. The answer was ' we do not support BT FON'.
Anyway, the switch went smoothly. I think I have poorer peak performance on BT than I did with plus net. However, I'm really pleased to have access to all those premium openzone sites with my iPhone / iPad.
I still stress that my overall experience with plusnet has been a good one and my major reason for switching is openzone.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

re Fonera, I can't see why that wouldn't work but I think we'd need to test that to be sure.
I'm just respectfully asking that plusnet automatically reduce the billing amount to the closest package when a package is discontinued as a courtesy to loyal customers.

We do make all our customers aware when new products are launched so that you have the option to change over to a new tariff, we can't just move customers on to a new product without a request being made by them I'm afraid, hence the ball has to be on the customer's side of the court when this happens.
Sorry to see you go, you've been a Plusnet customer for about as long as I've been an employee here, which is a fairly long time Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team