cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet after 15 years...

DougMa
Grafter

Leaving Plusnet after 15 years...

I have been a customer of Plusnet since 2003 and I've always been perfectly happy with the service quality and value.  I was lucky enough to originally have a /29 of IPv4 (long ago relinquished), I was included in the original BBC multicast TV trials, the IPv6 trials, and later the Plusnet TV service trials.

So why am I leaving?

I can no longer use an ISP that doesn't support native IPv6.  I added IPv6 support to my company's service around 8 years ago, and being part of the Plusnet IPv6 trial gave me a huge advantage for testing and management.  Since the trial ended I've been using workarounds, but I've given-up waiting for native support and therefore took the decision to move on.

I'll certainly consider moving back if Plusnet makes native IPv6 available.  Until then; so long, and thanks for all your support over the last 15 years!

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Leaving Plusnet after 15 years...

Moderators Note.

Moved to Feedback from Fibre
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear you've made a decision to leave us.

I'd like to wish you all the best with your new provider and hope you choose to return in the future.

With regards to IPv6 we've no news to share on this at the moment though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet