Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PlusNet

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Leaving PlusNet

@Capvermell 

Your post was caught by the Spam Filter (this can happen after an edit) and not removed by moderator action.

The post has been released.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Don't know where that saying orignated, but what a load of nonsence that is. *Trying not to use a more sweary version of nonsence here*.

We're all human, and let's be honest who doesn't make mistakes? Anyone (including me) would be lying if we said we hadn't.

The customer can be wrong, as can staff can be. To me I write that off, and I am plesant to anyone who shows me respect.

JJmcneil
Grafter

being pleasant has zero to do with the ability of a company. also, the phrase is mostly right. - a company in this case wants money. to get that money, it offers a service. so it does everything in its power to provide that so it can keep recieving that money. - dont please the customer, dont recieve the money. so most companies still have to abide by the "customer is always right"  - dont get me wrong, they can do whatever they can to explain why they cant/wont do something. but ultimately its the customers choice. its also up to the company to help the customer understand their decisions, - which can amount to a great deal - even if the product/service being offered is technically a poorer choice. in the case of plusnet, poor service is the way they have chosen to erode of their customer base. 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Fair enough,

I can understand your point of view, it has nothing to do with a company. I talk to people on the phone how I would like them to talk to me in real life if I met them. So would they of couse.

I just accept that other people can make mistakes, and yes I can also understand staff can do as well.

You don't exactly need a Business Studies degree to understand why a company wants to make money.

I still don't agree with that phrase.

Mav
Fixes: 515

I've never thought the adage 'The customer is always right' should be taken literally but more as a guide to listening to the customer as he/she may have a valid point.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I thought the old adage was that "the customer is always king" (or indeed for that matter queen)

Still not sure what the last few posts following mine have to do with either customers leaving Plusnet or the market research being carried out in to why that is happening by Basis Research,,,,,,,,,,,,.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

The customer service tag is a matter of attitude - Mav has it right. Too often people complaining to a supplier find they are being treated with suspicion - this is a general problem, not a PN specific one. Trying to understand the customer pov should be the starting point for the conversation.

@Capvermell - might have been better to start your rant in a new thread, then replies might be on-topic!

Capvermell
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@mechanic123 This is not a very old thread but is only a few months old and I am also leaving Plusnet due to dissatisfaction with their offering.

I therefore see no reason why a new thread needs to be started by every customer wanting to discuss issues in the same topic area.

Is this so as to minimise the likely number of responses, thereby making like easier for Plusnet?