cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of formatting task bar

lesleyjoan

Lack of formatting task bar

SquirrelMail 's lack of a formatting task bar is a handicap, although it appears to accept accents?  Is there a fix?
15 REPLIES 15
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Lack of formatting task bar

Hi there,
There's no fix I'm afraid. We're actually looking at alternatives to squirrel mail at the moment. There's been some discussion recently on this thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,92331.16.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

There's been some discussion recently on this thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,92331.16.html

How do I find the current topic's number as you have quoted?
Regards.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just click the link - that bit in red
chandu
Rising Star

What I meant was the topic number quoted within the link in the red.
dick:quote
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The link points to topic (or thread) 92331 (Do I like Squirrel Mail) and specifically to reply number 16 (the .16 at the end) which is a post by grahamt. Other than that I don't know what you are asking for. Can you be more specific on what you want?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Morning all,
I wasn't actually linking to any specific post in that thread, just the whole thread in general.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

Quote from: Peter
The link points to topic (or thread) 92331 (Do I like Squirrel Mail) and specifically to reply number 16 (the .16 at the end) which is a post by grahamt. Other than that I don't know what you are asking for. Can you be more specific on what you want?

Peter, thank you for your help.  What I am trying to find out is: where does one find the Topic (or Thread, as you call it) ? Because when I am reading various responses (say, for this thread) I can't see the number allocated to this particular thread.  So, where do you find this tread number to be able to quote it?  May b, I am really thick!!  Sad
I hope this clarifies the situation.
Many regards.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

When you start to reply you can scroll down to the last few posts in the thread and click on "Insert Quote" on the right of the post you want to link to which gives this result
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Morning all,
I wasn't actually linking to any specific post in that thread, just the whole thread in general.
chandu
Rising Star

Thanks, Oldjim.  But, where is thread number?  For example, where do I find the Thread (Topic) Number for this thread?
Regards.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Just look in your address bar.
Still don't know why you need the topic number?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: chandu
Thanks, Oldjim.  But, where is thread number?  For example, where do I find the Thread (Topic) Number for this thread?
Regards.

this came from hitting the quote button along side your post
and this is from the browser address bar
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93855.new.html#new
a note on quotes dont do a full quote of the immediate preceding post it is against forum rules
chandu
Rising Star

Thank you both Peter Vaughan & pierre-pierre.  As you may gathered by now that I am new to PN and I'm learning quickly.  I'm sure you will correct me when I go astray.
I stand corrected on quote issue.
Regards.
chandu
Rising Star

@ Peter Vaughan,  sorry, I forgot to mention in my previous post why I wanted to know about the topic #.  This was just in case I needed to direct someone to a particular topic in the future to help.  I hope this is okay as far as the rules are concerned.
Regards.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you can even give the quote to somebody who is not on PN, as guests can read this forum but not post in it